Granollers Service Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granollers Service Motion

This is a weird windup, yet he still manages to serve well... Not much of a shoulder tilt either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2by7vmI2hZA

many ways to skin a cat, as long as the technical checkpoints are all met. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing serve. I have a bigger problem with him scurrying away from the baseline after he hits that initial forehand.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Rhythm versus checkpoints

Phil, over here, coaches have long since concentrated mainly on hitting the key checkpoints as oppose to producing nicer looking serves. Looks have gone out of the window, and weight transfer isn't coached much by the younger coaches.

I don't know the stats on whether the rhythm guys do better overall in terms of first serve percentages over players like Granoliers. Or whether the rhythm guys fair better as they go deeper into matches. I always imagine the rhythm guys fair better...but then I am biased.
      Stotty

Comment

Forgive Me for Doing This

I'm fascinated by the weird serve but have to say I don't like it very much. I guess one little point that pre-occupies me in any serve is whether the arm folds more-- from whatever bend it was set at-- during the big "throw." Here I don't see it. The arm has bend that broadens out from beginning to end. What profound conclusion do I draw from this? I don't. I just think there is a category of serves that sees more bend before straightening and another that sees no more bend than what one started with before the straightening. I think I'm affected by the part of the Tim Gallwey books (INNER TENNIS, etc.) that said just suspend judgment and try to see what you see and feel what you feel.

Then you can proceed from there, of course.

About Granoller's forehand that comes right after the serve now and here's the clip again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2by7vmI2hZA). Compare that forehand with this one (http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...1%20500fps.mp4). Which is a bigger forehand? And why am I asking?

Well, you know, there isn't just a famous tennis stroke but the way people speak about it. I'd say that Roger Federer's forehand, with its quiet elbow, is more compact than Ivan Lendl's forehand, with its flying elbow, but when compared to Granoller Roger has a huge loop.

And how important is the size of somebody's loop, ever? I've decided that my personal Federfore contains a long tract. Which decision helped me to orchestrate another forehand with shorter tract (my McEnrueful) for contrast and adaptability.

Nothing in trying to hit my Federfore (my ATP3) has ever helped me more than this particular video that so clearly shows a 4-foot fall or dogpat BEHIND the body.

Does the sizable vertical loop up and over with speed in it first and finesse in it second followed by an essentially horizontal straight-armed swing help generate racket head speed?

Could be.
        Last edited by bottle; 04-27-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7830 users online. 4 members and 7826 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X