2015 Internazionali BNL d\'Italia…ATP 1000…Rome, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Internazionali BNL d\'Italia…ATP 1000…Rome, Italy

I guess the name of the game is to avoid unnecessarily using apostrophes and italics these days on the forum.

That being said Roger Federer is in the draw at the tournament in Rome, Italy this week. That makes it a tennis tournament…without him it is just another event on the ATP tour. The early exit last week was capitalized on with another week of preparation for the real goals of Roger Federer for the year…whatever they may be. Perhaps Wimbledon is looming large in his plans.

But at any rate he has a really good draw through to the quarterfinals should he choose to compete and hang around this week. Who knows? He may be giving himself a long shot at the French. The new racquet is still developing in his hands as he by the process of discovery is reanalyzing and recalibrating his strengths and weaknesses. He is very capable of playing good tennis on clay but the point is that it may just be too draining on him overall to bother. After all…what is there to be gained if he can command the kind of money that he does to just show up?

For the good of the tennis world we would like to see some kind of match up with either Berdych or Dimitrov in the quarters. I only say Berdych because of you know who…Berdych is as interesting as watching paint dry. Or grass grow. But a match up with his clone would be nice and with some luck we might get to see a match with Fafa Nadal. This is what I would dearly love to see and I think that the timing is just perfect too. I think Roger may just think that the timing is just right also…if he could pin the tail on the donkey (the jackass) Spaniard just one last time on clay this may be the way to go in making his way towards the exit.

Other than that…there is Novak Djokovic in the top half. The only Greatest Player of All Time that has a one dimensional game. Correction…he shares that accolade with Fafa. The pre-serve routine of Fafa gets more and more comical as I watch him. The grab of the shorts out of his ass and the ensuing retardness has certainly earned him a place in my greatest of all time lists. Greatest of all time…jackasses. The closer Roger gets to making his exit…the more that I find Fafa to be a gigantic jackass. It is ironic…do not you think?

I wonder how many /s will appear in my post. Do not you?
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

The Draw...

I did not war to go back and edit. Can you guess why not?

Past results, draws and seeds from the tournament archive in men's professional tennis on the ATP Tour.

don_budge

Comment

The Italian Open. Certainly one of the most recognizable tournaments on the tour. Players doing battle within the Foro Italico like the gladiators of old. Court Centrale and Pietrangeli with some nice scenery.

And when in Rome...

As this is the Italian Open, may Italian players are given the time on the sho court. Sure, you can have your Fabio Fognini and Andreas Seppi. I\'ll even throw in Sara Errani. But for me, it\'s all about Flavia Pennetta. We all need a little Flavia Pennetta in our lives don\'t we? I know I need mine. Flavia Flavia Flavia. Call me

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
        The Italian Open. Certainly one of the most recognizable tournaments on the tour. Players doing battle within the Foro Italico like the gladiators of old. Court Centrale and Pietrangeli with some nice scenery.

And when in Rome...

As this is the Italian Open, may Italian players are given the time on the sho court. Sure, you can have your Fabio Fognini and Andreas Seppi. I\\\\\\\'ll even throw in Sara Errani. But for me, it\\\\\\\'s all about Flavia Pennetta. We all need a little Flavia Pennetta in our lives don\\\\\\\'t we? I know I need mine. Flavia Flavia Flavia. Call me

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton
        Camel toe penetta.
        Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 05-12-2015, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks Geoff. Some things are best left to the imagination. She looks much better with hair down and street clothes.

Back to the tennis though...

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton

Comment

Quarterfinals set for tomorrow...

Djokovic-Nishikori
            Ferrer-Goffin
            Nadal-Wawrinka
            Federer-Berdych

Who ya got and why?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

Djokovic-Nishikori
              Ferrer-Goffin
              Nadal-Wawrinka
              Federer-Berdych

Who ya got and why?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton
              Novak, just because he contains his errors better. I think Kei has a more dynamic game. This is a good matchup. Murray just beat Kei and his more dynamic game last week in the final. Probably somewhat of a preview of this upcoming match.

Ferrer, it is hard to see Goffin beating Ferrer here unless Ferrer\'s level is not where it usually is.

Nadal, I just kind of like his game on clay. He is always totally engaged but he may even be more engaged here.

Fed, man he looked good today vs Anderson. Similar match up with Berdych. And then we can watch his backhand get some attention from Nadal.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                Novak, just because he contains his errors better. I think Kei has a more dynamic game. This is a good matchup. Murray just beat Kei and his more dynamic game last week in the final. Probably somewhat of a preview of this upcoming match.

Ferrer, it is hard to see Goffin beating Ferrer here unless Ferrer\\\'s level is not where it usually is.

Nadal, I just kind of like his game on clay. He is always totally engaged but he may even be more engaged here.

Fed, man he looked good today vs Anderson. Similar match up with Berdych. And then we can watch his backhand get some attention from Nadal.
                Good picks and reasoning stroke. I like it.

I just think Djokovic is playing at too high a level, and when he\'s not, he still manages to be better than them. Just can\'t hop on that Nishikori bandwagon. Holding back.

Ferrer is a beast. Although this may seem like one-way traffic on paper,knowing Goffin\'s game, this could be an entertaining match. Too middle weights battling and constructing points. Has potential to be popcorn worthy...or Ferrer just grinds him down and it\'s a slow agonizing death by 1000 paper cuts.

Wawrinka not lighting the world on fire this season. Nadal gaining confidence with every match. Nadal is the favorite as a man with his record and acumen on the terre battue should. But hoping Wawrinka battles Nadal hard to weaken him for Federer.

Federer vs. Berdych. This match-up is difficult for me. To be honest, Federer vs. Nadal is a much more juicy match-up than Berdych-Nadal. I\'d love to see Berdych in semis but think it will be tough ask for my Tberd to beat arguably the two best clay players of the last decade back to back.

My heart will always root for Berdych, my brain is telling me Federer. And yes, Federer did look good...for the first 16 games. At 6-3, 5-2 and up two breaks of serve Federer decides to go on what the Aussies call a \"walk about\" and blows two service games until he regains composure and wins 7-5. This type of mental lapse drives me bonkers. But considereing I\'m a devout Berdych fan, I\'m used to it

Berdych Stats: -Berdych is 14-2 on the year in tie-breaks in 2015.
                -9 Quarterfinals or better in 9 tournaments this year.
                -This will be the second clay court meeting between Federer
                and Berdych in nine years.
                -Berdych is 30-0 against players outside top 10 in 2015.
                -If Berdych beats Federer, it means Nadal will not have a top
                four seed at Roland Garros.

Just some delicious food for thought.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

Backhand Attention...

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                  This tournament is all about that moment…if it gets to that. Berdych has something to say about it…but the question is as usual…will he?
                  don_budge

Comment

Spineless Andy Murray…grow a pair

Djokovic-Nishikori
                    Ferrer-Goffin*
                    Nadal-Wawrinka
                    Federer-Berdych

Who ya got and why?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                    Boca Raton
                    Goffin by virtue of a WO from Andy Murray. WO = Wimp Out. If you can walk…you can play. Take the beating and move on. You are cheating the paying customer. You are cheating your opponent. It is your job. Really bad form…spineless wimp.
                    don_budge

Comment

I agree on the Murray walk over.

Should have gone on court and taken a beating. Hate to see walkovers.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                      Boca Raton

Comment

Serena\'s elbow was hurt. It must have been real bad for her to withdraw.

Comment

Nadal v Federer

I am hoping for a Nadal v Federer semi final. Nadal is vulnerable right now and Federer might finally have a chance to beat his old foe. It\'s been a long time since they\'ve had a good ding dong.
                          Stotty

Comment

I have been timing Nadal between points against Wawrinka and sometimes he is taking 35 to 40 seconds on the bigger points. The tiebreak was ridiculous...35 seconds between points minimum he was taking to serve. It\\\'s taking ages to get through this match. Only twice had he delivered his serve within 20 seconds so far....

Bring on the BIG white clock...
                            Last edited by stotty; 05-15-2015, 01:24 PM.
                            Stotty

Comment

no giant sand dial!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8688 users online. 1 members and 8687 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X