Myths about Low to High in The Modern Forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myths about Low to High in The Modern Forehand

Would love to hear your thoughts on "Myths about Low to High in The Modern Forehand"

The other half of the wiper. This is something I had never really understood. But am I correct in assuming that if this is true the forehand is even more complex than we already suspected?

Comment

Great article. If the flip consists of two components, one can edit out backward roll of the forearm for a flatter hit. That would be a flip in which the wrist flips back. One thing I take away.

Comment

Bottle. Yes I think that is the takeaway. It's as much about the amount of arm rotation in both directions as anything else.

Comment

Low to High Myth

Thanks John for this article.
          I can't tell you how many times I've told my students not to think of the 'low to high'. Rather, work on the extension and rotation (such as the windshield wiper).
          With any luck and your help, this myth with vanish from the lexicon of tennis.
          Be well and continue to educate us all.
          Rich

Comment

My understanding of low to high was always that the head of the racket has to go from low to high.

Comment

Phil,

Yes! It's just that the universal use of the wiper is sometimes what creates this.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7852 users online. 8 members and 7844 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X