No announcement yet.

Question on the toss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. I forgot to list the link. Thanks, don_Budge!

don

Comment

Gustavo "Guga" Kuerten vs. Roger "Living Proof" Federer

Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post
      I was glancing back at this thread because I love the video of Guga's serve and I clicked on this video of his match with Fed in Hamburg quarters in 2002.

It's amazing how much more they worked their way up to the net. Guga was not far from the height of his three Roland Garos victories and Federer was still a year away from his first major victory at Wimbledon, but it's definitely a great matchup. Pity the quality of the video isn't a little better.

Still - worth a look.

don
      Great pick tennis_chiro…I missed the Gustavo Kuerten era of tennis being busy with my golf. He had a Wawrinka like backhand in that he could dominate that side of the court and punish with impunity. His preparation reminds me of Wawrinka too as he gets that racquet back and his feet and body in position ultra quick while playing a couple of meters back behind the baseline.

It's great to see Roger Federer…lightly bearded like his Swedish coach…Federer is making one of those up and coming moments in his career. He's arriving on the big stage and making an impression.

Here's another video, this one from Indian Wells in 2003…a bit longer that I haven't watched but hope to see some of it. "Guga"…normally I hate calling these people by their nicknames as if I am familiar with them. I feel a bit closer to Federer after that dream the other day when we were palling around in Dearborn, Michigan. In another life perhaps…the dreamworld.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

BTW, check this video closely:

7:12 or 7:13 area ...

A hell of a camera shot (something I haven't seen before) of Federer volleying.

I am adding that one into our play book.

Its neat.

I am buying go pro and putting a camera right on that net tomorrow.
        Last edited by hockeyscout; 06-20-2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8516 users online. 6 members and 8510 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X