LTA Coaching Presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTA Coaching Presentation

In case anyone is going to London for Wimbledon this year just wanted to let you guys know I am speaking at the LTA Coaches Conference the weekend before, which is June 27 and 28.

My workshop is on Sat June 27 2:45pm

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    In case anyone is going to London for Wimbledon this year just wanted to let you guys know I am speaking at the LTA Coaches Conference the weekend before, which is June 27 and 28.

My workshop is on Sat June 27 2:45pm
    I am not sure whether I will be going to the conference yet, but if I do I will certainly tap you on the shoulder and say hello. The annual conference over here is always superbly run and its guest speakers carefully selected. It's quite an honour, you must be highly thought of.
    Stotty

Comment

Looking forward to it! Hope I see you there.

Comment

What will you be covering in the workshop?
        Last edited by johnyandell; 06-17-2015, 03:43 PM.
        Stotty

Comment

Ultimate Fundamentals on the forehand and serve. What are the most basic technical elements as embodied by elite players that all players can copy and aspire to.

Comment

Sounds awesome. Will it be videotaped by LTA and would they release it online or DVD like USPTA does for many of their conference presentations?
            Would love to see it.

Feel free to use my shots as a model. LOL. Just kidding!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

I think the presentation went tremendously well and we got great feedback. I am releasing the first part as a related article in July on serve ultimate fundamentals...

Kyle, in answer to your question it was filmed by the icoach guys and will be available at some point on icoach.

Comment

I think the presentation went tremendously well and we got great feedback. I am releasing the first part as a related article in July on serve ultimate fundamentals...

Kyle, in answer to your question it was filmed by the icoach guys and will be available at some point on icoach.
                Glad the presentation went well...never in doubt in my opinion. Enjoy Wimbledon. Those grass courts are something else. Nothing can prepare you for how beautiful they are. Wimbledon is the greatest tennis show on earth.
                Stotty

Comment

Glad to hear John, Enjoy the Wimbledon Experience. Look forward to seeing i on icoach.

Stotty is right, the green green grass is stunning and the action on day 1 should be enthralling.

If in London (one of the best food cities in the world) and looking for some dining spots, may I suggest some of my favorites...
                  -La Gavroche by Michel Roux Jr.
                  -Ottolenghi Islington
                  -The Gilbert Scott
                  -Texture
                  -Wild Honey
                  -Morito
                  -Blueprint Cafe
                  -Boca di Lupo
                  -L'anima
                  -Zucca

Enjoy

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                    Glad to hear John, Enjoy the Wimbledon Experience. Look forward to seeing i on icoach.

Stotty is right, the green green grass is stunning and the action on day 1 should be enthralling.

If in London (one of the best food cities in the world) and looking for some dining spots, may I suggest some of my favorites...
                    -La Gavroche by Michel Roux Jr.
                    -Ottolenghi Islington
                    -The Gilbert Scott
                    -Texture
                    -Wild Honey
                    -Morito
                    -Blueprint Cafe
                    -Boca di Lupo
                    -L'anima
                    -Zucca

Enjoy

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                    Boca Raton
                    Hmmm... think you should switch to gastronomy Kyle...

Comment

Grew up in restaurant biz and am involved/invested in a few businesses involved with gastronomy. It's a passion and a money making hobby.
                      John has had experience of dining with me and has survived through it.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                      Boca Raton

Comment

I think a trip to London for restaurant touring would beat the food at the LTA and even Wimbledon...although both are pretty good.

Clotted cream is my new go to health food.

Comment

I think a trip to London for restaurant touring would beat the food at the LTA and even Wimbledon...although both are pretty good.

Clotted cream is my new go to health food.

Ahhhh...scones with clotted cream and jam...now you're talking. A good old English tradition.
                          Stotty

Comment

I heard good things about the workshop.

I found you mentioned in a tabloid over here. Nothing related to the conference...something else. You are mentioned at the bottom of the article. the Daily Mail is a major newspaper here, and a big seller.

The footage was recorded at a rate of 6,000 frames per second, and shows how the solid tennis ball completely loses its form. At one point, it looks like the ball is engulfed entirely by the tightly strung mesh.

Next to your mention is a text box about grunting and the extra power players get by doing it. If this is true there are going to be an awful lot more grunters about...
                            Stotty

Comment

As my article pointed out, the force applied measured by a famous concrete board/breaker, was 25% greater with his grunt than without. I don't like Sharascreecha's awful screaming, but you can mute it.

GRUNTING DOES MAKE YOU BETTER AT TENNIS, STUDY CLAIMS
                              Tennis stars such as Maria Sharapova who grunt during matches could be giving themselves an advantage - and not just because it’s distracting.
                              Scientists found that players who let out a significant groan as they hit the ball sent it travelling faster, reducing the amount of time their opponent had to set up a good return shot.
                              The team from the University of Nebraska found ball velocity increased by 3.8 per cent when players grunted.
                              They said that the forced expiration makes the upper body more stable, which in turn increases the transfer of power from the body to the arm.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz3g5nA9oVW
                              Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 07-17-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8839 users online. 4 members and 8835 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X