No announcement yet.

2015 Wimbledon Championships…ATP 2000…London, Great Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my fault for getting this thread a bit off track.

Back to the glorious grass courts of the All England Club.

Not willing to make predictions before the draw comes out, but Djokovic and Federer are no doubt the frontrunners.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Great post Geoff ...

Originally posted by GeoffWilliams View Post
      YOu can't gun a shot without explosive power, and that lies with emotion, not dull appreciation. The proper (huge) coil, demands emotional power, unconscious (unless on roids ala McEnroe), hatred, rage, and the urge to use a gun on your enemies, not far underneath the conscious surface of all sporting/games and vengeful fantasies
      Klacr, thanks for pulling this off track.

Any other ideas, and thoughts Geoff on how to expand this, and tie it all in from a learning point of view. I like the vision, I like the vision, and its great to present things in this way
      Last edited by hockeyscout; 06-25-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

During practice, it's important to take easy balls and crush them as hard as you can, to develop the ability to do so, it must be practiced. Not just technique, but mental desire to destroy, kill, demolish must be intended, and intention does not happen easily! First learn to destroy, then learn to control. It's easier to destroy than it is to control, but both must be mastered in the mind before the body.

Comment

During practice, it's important to take easy balls and crush them as hard as you can, to develop the ability to do so, it must be practiced. Not just technique, but mental desire to destroy, kill, demolish must be intended, and intention does not happen easily! First learn to destroy, then learn to control. It's easier to destroy than it is to control, but both must be mastered in the mind before the body.
          That is what Bollitieri did with Agassi.

Comment

Good tip.

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
              That is what Bollitieri did with Agassi.
              I thought that was the work of Mike Agassi?
              Last edited by hockeyscout; 06-25-2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                I don't think tennis_chiro was questioning these players, although Berdych and Murray are on the low side...and often are.

I think Federer, Nadal, Djokovic have better rhythm than most.

I wonder what Federer's first serve percentage was in the final set against Roddick in 2009? He became unbreakable in that final set, much like Borg in his 1980 fifth set. I imagine Federer's percentage to be similar...mid-70%-range.
                I found the break down by set for 2009 Men's Wimbledon Final

Set 1 1st in 1stwin
                Federer .724 .857
                Roddick .775 .806

Set 2
                Federer .556 .850
                Roddick .789 .867

Set 3
                Federer .719 .957
                Roddick .548 .870

Set 4
                Federer .609 .786
                Roddick .600 .889

Set 5
                Federer .649 .900
                Roddick .742 .803
                Last edited by lobndropshot; 06-25-2015, 11:27 AM. Reason: My numbers are a little different and I am trying to get to the bottom of this

Comment

Originally posted by lobndropshot View Post
                  I found the break down by set for 2009 Men's Wimbledon Final

Set 1 1st in 1stwin
                  Federer .724 .857
                  Roddick .775 .806

Set 2
                  Federer .556 .850
                  Roddick .789 .867

Set 3
                  Federer .719 .957
                  Roddick .548 .870

Set 4
                  Federer .609 .786
                  Roddick .600 .889

Set 5
                  Federer .649 .900
                  Roddick .742 .803
                  Nice find. I thought Federer'e percentage might have been higher in that fifth set. I remember him serving so well he seemed unbreakable. Then again, 16-14 is a very long set (equivalent to three sets), and his stats probably became higher toward the latter two thirds of that set.

If you have the time can you watch that 5th set from 4-4 and number crunch it, lobndropshot?

...just kidding...

Let's hope he serves as well this year. It's nearly time for the show to begin. Let's hope he has a good draw.
                  Last edited by stotty; 06-25-2015, 12:17 PM.
                  Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
                    I thought that was the work of Mike Agassi?
                    I saw it on an Agassi training video with Bollettieri....

Look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PF1kfJSia4

"called "Attack!*

Comment

Nice find. I thought Federer'e percentage might have been higher in that fifth set. I remember him serving so well he seemed unbreakable. Then again, 16-14 is a very long set (equivalent to three sets), and his stats probably became higher toward the latter two thirds of that set.

If you have the time can you watch that 5th set from 4-4 and number crunch it, lobndropshot?

...just kidding...

Let's hope he serves as well this year. It's nearly time for the show to begin. Let's hope he has a good draw.
                      Sadly that sounds like a great afternoon If I have time I will look into it. I can't write pretty but I can plug numbers into a spreadsheet and run data.

Comment

The draw is out,see here: (I thought I would post a proper draw sheet, don_budge)

Federer's half looks tricky. Nadal, Murray and Ferrer are all in his half. Djokovic has a less than easy first round match against Kohlschreiber. He also has a potential semi final with Wawrinka...but better not to look that far. Berdych has a tricky opener against Chardy.

Thoughts on the draw anyone....?
                        Stotty

Comment

Bad luck for Kohlschreiber. Top 32 players get a seed. Kohlschreiber is #33. Draws Djokovic.

Jeremy Chardy is a tricky opponent for Berdych, but Berdych may be too solid for him in the end, won't be surprised if Chardy takes a set though.

Bottom half is jam packed.
                          Anyone looking forward to a potential Nadal (#10 seed) 2nd round match with Dustin Brown? Brown beat him in Halle last year. Brown has a very eclectic game with dinks, drop shots, serve and volley and redlining on some groundies that could give Rafa fits due to lack of rhythm.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                          Boca Raton

Comment

Put $400 on The German Jamaican.

Comment

A Prayer for Federer vs. Nadal

The draw is out,see here: (I thought I would post a proper draw sheet, don_budge)

Federer's half looks tricky. Nadal, Murray and Ferrer are all in his half. Djokovic has a less than easy first round match against Kohlschreiber. He also has a potential semi final with Wawrinka...but better not to look that far. Berdych has a tricky opener against Chardy.

Thoughts on the draw anyone....?
                              What a goodfella Stotty. I am not too fond of the new ATP website. It figures. But yes…the whole thing is a landmine waiting to happen. Step on the wrong opponent and he is going to send you packing. But I like Federer's draw. I am down on my knees praying for the Nadal semifinal. Please Lord.

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                              Anyone looking forward to a potential Nadal (#10 seed) 2nd round match with Dustin Brown? Brown beat him in Halle last year. Brown has a very eclectic game with dinks, drop shots, serve and volley and redlining on some groundies that could give Rafa fits due to lack of rhythm.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                              Boca Raton
                              Even this potential match for instance has a huge speed bump in the middle of it. Yen Hsun-Lu. He's been a handful for everyone lately and he may prove to be too much for "Downtown" Dustin Brown. But how can you not like a guy playing in dreadlocks. A guy who insists on playing with the ball that won the last point for him. A guy that doesn't go to the towel in between every single freaking point. t just wonder about his diet of ganja. How does he get around the procedures?
                              Last edited by don_budge; 06-27-2015, 06:05 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
                              don_budge
                              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

You plan on going Stotty?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7975 users online. 6 members and 7969 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X