Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more racquet help please

Good Morning ladies and gentleman...

Thank you last week for you help on the racquet weight - after some surfing I realized that some of the online stores give you the ability to search by weight -
    To be honest my real quest here is to try and duplicate my strokes from the late 70s, early 80s - with use of wilson cermaic or there abouts.

In particular my slice - I played a good bit of competitive teenage tennis back then, and when we progressed from wood to wilson ceramic, yamaha xam 4 etc... - I did not notice my game disappear - if anything it became a little more powerful- and incredibly I had great difficulty breaking the racquets - the strings, a whole other kettle of fish till the hypro kevlar and problend saved the day -

Fast forward - a bunch of kids - mine - who are moving towards some type of competitive tennis -
    There are a number of shots I just cant do with modern racquets -
    If we could stay with the slice - and I notice not a lot of it being taught -
    But is there a solution...
    do thinner beam raquets help with slice
    does the flexibility of the racquet affect the slice

I put some sonic pro edge at mid 40s on my wilson ceramics - i procured from ebay - and well they are great, but my kids - well they are not buying into that...
    any suggestions
    thank you
    kindly
    steven

Tourna big hitter black seven string is the best string in the world for slice. Slice: The Forgotten Weapon: By Geoff Williams : What do you think about that article?

More flexy, thinner beams, make more control oriented less powerful frames for the most part, which means, that the ball deforms less, making all spin less effective. It's power/spin vs. control. The modern game depends on being able to hit as hard, swing as fast, as you can, with powerful frames, 16 x 19 for the most part.

The heavier a frame, the stiffer a frame, the open patterns, the edged strings, lower tension, small grips, mean more spin and more power, but not more control. Control: closed patterns, flexy frames, higher string tension, gut/alu at 61/59, larger grips, lighter frames.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 07-01-2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8339 users online. 6 members and 8333 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X