Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morphing Men's and Women's Tennis

Let's discuss Rick Macci's latest, "Morphing Men's and Women's Tennis"

I see a connection between this Macci interview and the Justine article. If anyone showed that the games of men and women can "morph" it was her.

Comment

Six and seven year olds ...

Okay, Macci says he has six and seven year olds with the ATP 3 swing. Here is his top student (arguably), a girl named Gabby Price. Are we seeing the ATP 3 here (she is 13 I believe)?

Comment

No frame by frame...

Comment

The Rick Macci Infomercial Series...

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Let's discuss Rick Macci's latest, "Morphing Men's and Women's Tennis"
          I really like this series…!

Another segment of the Rick Macci Infomercial Series. As I was listening to Rick I drifted off into a bit of a daydream. In my daydream I was trying to figure out a way to work with Slick Rick on an absolutely even keel basis. On a routine daily basis I would work along side with him and he would absolutely have no authority over me. We'd be equals. When I came too I was quite satisfied with myself. Somehow…I said to myself…well done.

"Morphing Men's and Women's Tennis"? Interesting headline. I like Ed Atkinson's article entitled, "The Only Difference is the Clothes".

That's the plan…by 2020 or 2030 by some accounts…the boys and the girls are going to play from one draw sheet. "Trans Gender" singles. The women, who have been demanding equal pay and equal rights, will get exactly what they have been demanding and they will pay the price for it too. Three out of five in the Slams. All professional tennis players will wear the same exact uniform that will match their same exact playing styles. The one-handed backhand will have been made illegal…except when playing the ball in the air…which nobody will be doing anyways.

I teach tennis. I have always taught the girls to play tennis…just like the boys do. They play the net and they learn the same service motion. I teach them to play doubles. They have a choice to either the one hand backhand or the two hand backhand. Am I being politically correct?
          Last edited by don_budge; 07-08-2015, 01:19 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

I think you missed the question Rick is posing. What is happening to groundstroke technique in women's tennis?

If there are biomechanical advantages to the ATP backswings and he and Brian Gordon and I and many others believe there are, can these backswings be taught to junior girls?

Comment

Tongue in cheek…politically correct stuff

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

I really like this series…!

Another segment of the Rick Macci Infomercial Series. As I was listening to Rick I drifted off into a bit of a daydream. In my daydream I was trying to figure out a way to work with Slick Rick on an absolutely even keel basis. On a routine daily basis I would work along side with him and he would absolutely have no authority over me. We'd be equals. When I came too I was quite satisfied with myself. Somehow…I said to myself…well done.

"Morphing Men's and Women's Tennis"? Interesting headline. I like Ed Atkinson's article entitled, "The Only Difference is the Clothes".

That's the plan…by 2020 or 2030 by some accounts…the boys and the girls are going to play from one draw sheet. "Trans Gender" singles. The women, who have been demanding equal pay and equal rights, will get exactly what they have been demanding and they will pay the price for it too. Three out of five in the Slams. All professional tennis players will wear the same exact uniform that will match their same exact playing styles. The one-handed backhand will have been made illegal…except when playing the ball in the air…which nobody will be doing anyways.

I teach tennis. I have always taught the girls to play tennis…just like the boys do. They play the net and they learn the same service motion. I teach them to play doubles. They have a choice to either the one hand backhand or the two hand backhand. Am I being politically correct?
              Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
              I think you missed the question Rick is posing. What is happening to groundstroke technique in women's tennis?

If there are biomechanical advantages to the ATP backswings and he and Brian Gordon and I and many others believe there are, can these backswings be taught to junior girls?
              No…I didn't miss it. Speaking of morphing men's and women's tennis…Serena Williams plays against Garbine Muguruza in the finals of Wimbledon today. I saw Muruguza lose to Maria Sharapova in the quarterfinals of the French Open when I was in Paris last year. While Paris was still Paris.

There was a day when boys were boys and girls were girls…too. Garbine is about 6' 1" tall. Between she and Sharapova there was a lot of "legs" on the court that day. I remember one "garçon" in a concession stand…I think that I was buying a Roland Garros string dampener for a special student, it was all that I could afford, but this kid was so impressed with Sharapova's legs. I thought that Muruguza's were competitive…I didn't give the kid much credit. Another clueless kid.

The match was close too…it went the distance. I had a meaningful conversation with this Russian woman sitting next to me. We talked about a lot of things…Putin, Obama, Americans and Russians, Ukraine, Maria Sharapova as a role model. Things of that nature. I can still remember Sharapova's screams down on the court. The Russian lady wasn't so hot on Sharapova either. Her screams were varying in decibel and pitch depending upon the point and the situation in the match. It was insane.

But I am pretty certain that I understand the biomechanics of the backswings that Rick, Brian and you advocate. Nobody had posted on this thread and I thought it deserved some mention. Some attention. Rick's like that. He's definitely deserving of some attention one way or another. How could this thread go unnoticed? There are many similarities between this stuff and the biomechanics that golf has been exploring since the days of Ben Hogan. Or earlier.

So why wouldn't the girls use the same backswings? I guess you didn't get my irony…and I don't blame you. I don't seem to be on the same page as everyone else…nobody sent me the memo. For which I couldn't be happier.

Rick's series of videos, I jokingly referred to them as "infomercials", is good stuff but it doesn't quite measure up to the video in 2013 on the forehand. That is my all-time favorite video of Rick Macci's. Ironically enough it was his serve bit that I found to be most enlightening. "Slick" at his best.

Last edited by don_budge; 07-10-2015, 11:38 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
              don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

can you get macci to do a video on progressive development of the serve?

Comment

Maybe!

Comment

forehand backswing

It can be developed. One at one. Two hours a day. Three days a week. Videotaping each shot. Comparing frame by frame with Henin forehand from front, side and back.
                    My student was saying it feels weird.
                    By the way, Henin's forehand is much better that Agassi's. His forehand is a standard "killer forehand" marketed by Nikk's academy.

Comment

he is so right!!!!! I love this guy!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8065 users online. 6 members and 8059 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                      X