Training with Kyle in Lugano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training with Kyle in Lugano

Kyle is here in Lugano visiting for four days, and he is kindly working out with me, working on technical issues. Couldn't imagine a nicer guy. Very polite, professional, modest and competent. Unfortunately tomorrow is the last day we can train, then he moves on.

Great to finally meet him after having exchanged posts so often. Felt like I knew him even before he got here.

My wife and I both hope he will be coming back again...

Awesome. He kept saying he was going and he actually did. Now all you need is Giancarlo to visit at the same time.

Comment

Kyle's serve is impressive. Like seeing Roscoe Tanner. I measured one of his serves at 137 mph!

Comment

That is amazing!! Was that with the pocket radar? Just make sure you stay out of the way.

Comment

So much for the key board warriors who would improve his serve!

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
            Kyle is here in Lugano visiting for four days, and he is kindly working out with me, working on technical issues. Couldn't imagine a nicer guy. Very polite, professional, modest and competent. Unfortunately tomorrow is the last day we can train, then he moves on.

Great to finally meet him after having exchanged posts so often. Felt like I knew him even before he got here.

My wife and I both hope he will be coming back again...
            Lugano is wonderful. Phil and his lovely wife are incredible hosts. In just two days we have made some really great work and solid improvement on the serve and forehand. Tomorrow is our last day of training and I'm getting sad just thinking about it.

All the nice things Phil said about me are kind, but those qualities are exemplified in him many times over.

As for the serve, Phil saw it, measured it and seemed thrilled at the results.
            As for my forehand, Mr. Yandell may or may not have a video of my forehand at 240fps. He is keeping it in his vault and when the time is right I'm sure he will unleash it for many of the forum regulars to enjoy, critique and analyze.

And yes...have plans to visit again. Lugano is quickly becoming my 2nd home. It's a hell of a commute from Boca Raton but it's worth it...trust me.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Lugano, Switzerland

Comment

Bogie…to Louie

Originally posted by klacr View Post
              Lugano is wonderful. Phil and his lovely wife are incredible hosts. In just two days we have made some really great work and solid improvement on the serve and forehand. Tomorrow is our last day of training and I'm getting sad just thinking about it.

All the nice things Phil said about me are kind, but those qualities are exemplified in him many times over.

As for the serve, Phil saw it, measured it and seemed thrilled at the results.
              As for my forehand, Mr. Yandell may or may not have a video of my forehand at 240fps. He is keeping it in his vault and when the time is right I'm sure he will unleash it for many of the forum regulars to enjoy, critique and analyze.

And yes...have plans to visit again. Lugano is quickly becoming my 2nd home. It's a hell of a commute from Boca Raton but it's worth it...trust me.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Lugano, Switzerland
              "Louie...I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."…humphrey_bogart
              don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
                That is amazing!! Was that with the pocket radar? Just make sure you stay out of the way.
                We used the Zepp sensor. Kyle was interested in seeing the racket head trajectory on his serve. A byproduct was the ball speed. I have compared the ball speed measured with the Zepp sensor and Pocket Radar. They are fairly close.

Thanks for the nice words Kyle.

Comment

OK that makes sense because I think pocket radar "only" goes up to 130mph...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7694 users online. 7 members and 7687 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X