Bjorn Borg Tennis Lessons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bjorn Borg Tennis Lessons...

Learn from one of the greats of the past...

Bjorn Borg Tennis Lessons…Part 1

Bjorn Borg Tennis Lessons Part 2

Bjorn Borg's "comeback"…

Last edited by don_budge; 08-22-2015, 08:30 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Any mentions of Oscar Wegner in there??

Comment

Wow!

So it came to that huh?

Poor Bjorn. Kinda interesting what he refers to as a "Western Grip"

Hell of a player. Teacher wise...well, we can't be amazing at everything.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Of all the great players, Borg surely has the oddest looking strokes. When I was a kid I couldn't work it out. How can a player be so good with strokes that look like that??!!

But I can guarantee every coach of the forum one thing. If you can get your students to move like Borg in those sample clips, and I am not talking about speed, more movement round the ball (shuffle, shuffle...non stop busy footwork) then your students will double in standard, overnight. That I can guarantee you. None of the kids when they practice move like that...it's massive if they can learn it.
        Last edited by stotty; 08-23-2015, 08:06 AM.
        Stotty

Comment

Bjorn Borg…Keeps it Simple and Does it His Way

Originally posted by klacr View Post
          Wow!

So it came to that huh?

Poor Bjorn. Kinda interesting what he refers to as a "Western Grip"

Hell of a player. Teacher wise...well, we can't be amazing at everything.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton
          I don't know…maybe the game isn't so complicated afterall. That was the first thing that I picked up on too…the "Western" grip.

He refers to Oscar as "The Godfather" of modern tennis and the possessor of the Holy Grail in the same breath…as well as the inventor of the electric light bulb and the internet.
          Last edited by don_budge; 08-23-2015, 08:08 AM.
          don_budge

Comment

G. Y. A. I. P. …ala Bjorn et al.

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
            Of all the great players, Borg surely has the worst looking strokes. When I was a kid I couldn't work it out. How can a player be so good with strokes that look like that??!!

But I can guarantee every coach of the forum one thing. If you can get your students to move like Borg in those sample clips, and I am not talking about speed, more movement round the ball (shuffle, shuffle...non stop busy footwork) then your students will double in standard, overnight. That I can guarantee you. None of the kids when they practice move like that...it's massive if they can learn it.
            Great point…I like to call it "get your ass in position". I think that the current top four players separate themselves from the rest of the pack with their ability to get their ass in position more often. Swinging from a balanced platform more often than the rest gives them better percentages on their shots. A seemingly small thing but the difference between winning and losing isn't all that large.

Very difficult to get the great players off balance and this in terms gives them the aura of effortlessness.
            Last edited by don_budge; 08-23-2015, 10:23 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
            don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7957 users online. 4 members and 7953 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X