Gatlin versus Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatlin versus Bolt

Just to detour from tennis for a minute...

Gatlin messed up in the Beijing 100m final. I was quite pleased about that as he has twice been found guilty of using PEDs. Usain Bolt pulled out a great performance to win that race.

Who thinks baddy Gatlin will defeat Bolt in the 200m? And do Americans on the forum support Gatlin despite his dodgy passed? Just curious...
    Stotty

People don't care about athletes poisoning themselves for victory. It's all about territory, and the urge to kill yourself for it. Will never change.

Comment

Goody versus the baddy

Gatlin and Usain Bolt face off against each other in 30 minutes time. Even if you are not into athletics this is one of the biggest moments in sport. Mr cheat versus the Mr Clean...baddy versus goody. There is so much riding on this race.

The bookmakers have Bolt slight favourite. I am not so sure...not long t wait to find out.
      Stotty

Comment

Good prevailed...well done Bolt.
        Stotty

Comment

Reality?

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
          Good prevailed...well done Bolt.
          That body, responsible for drug-testing on the island, have been vilified for having performed only one out-of-competition test in the six months before the London Olympics. Anger over the revelations has been intense. Dick Pound, the former head of the World Anti-Doping Agency, told The Mail on Sunday that JADCO’s failings were ‘totally inexplicable and unacceptable’.

‘It’s clear that there’s been a failing of the anti-doping system,’ he added, in a damning assessment.

‘They know that when they leave the country their level of success is such that the athletes are going to get tested. My understanding is that they make sure they’re clean before they leave.

‘It was the same in the old Soviet Union and East Germany days — they didn’t let anyone out who was going to get caught. The Jamaican Anti-Doping Commission was doing almost no testing on their top-level athletes in the period leading to Beijing and London. You had a complete dominance of both of those competitions by those athletes. Such enormous dominance is of itself suspicious.’

Comment

Cheating abounds in any pro sport. Very easy to change the molecular structure by a chemist so the tests don't work. Ask Armstrong, or any sprinter about it. Now tennis is prevalent as well with cheating pieces of crap. Hey, you cheaters, it's called lymphoma. Take a look at Walter payton, or Flo jo, or Bonds's father and you will see what's in store for you.

Comment

Lets Not Get Carried Away Here. PEDs Are Prevelant In Every Professional Sport, Including Tennis. Circumventing The Anti Doping Rules, Regulations, Urine, And Blood Tests Is Very Routine For Many Underground Chemists, Unscrupulous Regulatory Insiders, Coaches, And Athletes Seeking More Money, More Fame, Or An Edge Just To Have It. Painting This Guy As Having A Shady Past Is A Little Over The Top If You Ask Me. More Like He's A Top Sprinter Who's Been Caught Gaining An Illegal Advantage That Many Of His Competitors Also Utilize Through PED's. To Those Who Have Beaten Him Clean, Well Done! I'm Simply Pointing Out That What He Has Been Caught Doing Twice Is Common Place In EVERY Professional Sport.

God Bless,
              TennisHacker36

Comment

Originally posted by tennishacker36 View Post
                Lets Not Get Carried Away Here. PEDs Are Prevelant In Every Professional Sport, Including Tennis. Circumventing The Anti Doping Rules, Regulations, Urine, And Blood Tests Is Very Routine For Many Underground Chemists, Unscrupulous Regulatory Insiders, Coaches, And Athletes Seeking More Money, More Fame, Or An Edge Just To Have It. Painting This Guy As Having A Shady Past Is A Little Over The Top If You Ask Me. More Like He's A Top Sprinter Who's Been Caught Gaining An Illegal Advantage That Many Of His Competitors Also Utilize Through PED's. To Those Who Have Beaten Him Clean, Well Done! I'm Simply Pointing Out That What He Has Been Caught Doing Twice Is Common Place In EVERY Professional Sport.

God Bless,
                TennisHacker36
                Sorry, you cannot possibly know who is on PEDs and who isn't, or if it is rife or not. How can you know PEDs are commonplace in EVERY sport?

I suspect drug cheats are still a minority...although this may depend on the sport. But like you, I cannot possible know this, it's just a hunch that could be right or completely wrong.

People will always cheat. In the case of the Kenyan runners it was recently revealed the concept is sold to them by Kenyan coaches and other former Kenyan cheats. It seems they are educated from young that drugs are acceptable. It's only when they get into the world arena and get exposed that they finally come to the reality that PEDs are truly unacceptable. Young people are very vulnerable and we mustn't forget that. Many are easily corrupted, especially in places like Kenya where the choice is life in the bush or be world-class runner. Which life would you choose...?
                Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
                  Sorry, you cannot possibly know who is on PEDs and who isn't, or if it is rife or not. How can you know PEDs are commonplace in EVERY sport?

I suspect drug cheats are still a minority...although this may depend on the sport. But like you, I cannot possible know this, it's just a hunch that could be right or completely wrong.

People will always cheat. In the case of the Kenyan runners it was recently revealed the concept is sold to them by Kenyan coaches and other former Kenyan cheats. It seems they are educated from young that drugs are acceptable. It's only when they get into the world arena and get exposed that they finally come to the reality that PEDs are truly unacceptable. Young people are very vulnerable and we mustn't forget that. Many are easily corrupted, especially in places like Kenya where the choice is life in the bush or be world-class runner. Which life would you choose...?
                  The year in sports drug scandals has been pretty typical thus far: A-Rod and Manny have both been busted, Barry Bonds is set to go on trial for...

Let's Just Talk About The Tennis Players Charged And Convicted Of Cheating...

��

As For Personal Choice, I Have Never In My Life Used Recreational Drugs Or PED's...

In The Scheme Of Things Those Who Have Used Rec Drugs Or PED's... Big Whoop!! I'm Not For Legalizing And I Believe That PED's Should Be Outlawed. Enforcement Should Be Done With Equality And Fairness... Just Don't Think Drug Use Is THAT Big Of A Deal.

God Bless,
                  TennisHacker36
                  Last edited by tennishacker36; 09-05-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 11255 users online. 5 members and 11250 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X