• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murray does not pronate...

Wonder why?

Remember this article from May?

http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...rve/index.html

I referred it to Patrick McEnroe yesterday after he was talking about same thing during the Murray match.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Kyle I have a free version of that I sent to Jonas. I can send you the link if you want to send it to Pat.

Comment

Thanks John, I got your email this morning. Yes, I already sent it to Patrick. Thanks.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

Phil,

I suspect he was taught to "snap" and or "carve". I have been in contact with Jonas Bjorkman. At least a chance we will do some high speed analysis for Andy in the off season. Would be very interesting.

Comment

Jonas is a great guy, not a bad word can be said about him from anyone in the industry, and he is open to all tools in order to make Andy successful. Murray himself makes no secrets that he uses all available info to help him, including paying the Hawk-Eye company to provide him with stats and patterns on his opponents. Why not use some high-speed video analysis to help him with his serve and even his forehand. His backhand is superb.

Berdych may also need some help. I noticed his serve toss has regressed recently. It's now back up to sky high. During spring/early summer I communicated with Brad Gilbert during commentary that it was a bit lower. Berdych also has tendency on some serves, especially in tight/pressure situations to snap and carve and lack that internal rotation at times, although not as consistently absent as Murray's.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

It's a strange flaw on for a top player to have. Yet he can hit his serve very hard and doesn't seem too impaired in terms of power.

I wonder if his ball toss being too much to the right is a factor in not getting enough internal arm rotation? I realise this restricts his ability to get spin on his serve but does it restrict the upper arm, hand and racket rotation also? It seems to me if you can't get the racket tip positioned enough to the left on contact, it might.
              Last edited by johnyandell; 09-04-2015, 08:44 PM.
              Stotty

Comment

The toss isn't ideal either.

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                  Jonas is a great guy, not a bad word can be said about him from anyone in the industry, and he is open to all tools in order to make Andy successful. Murray himself makes no secrets that he uses all available info to help him, including paying the Hawk-Eye company to provide him with stats and patterns on his opponents. Why not use some high-speed video analysis to help him with his serve and even his forehand. His backhand is superb.

Berdych may also need some help. I noticed his serve toss has regressed recently. It's now back up to sky high. During spring/early summer I communicated with Brad Gilbert during commentary that it was a bit lower. Berdych also has tendency on some serves, especially in tight/pressure situations to snap and carve and lack that internal rotation at times, although not as consistently absent as Murray's.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton
                  Patrick McEnroe refered to Andy's use of all tools available to study his opponents while he was doing commentary of the Murray vs Mannarino match. McEnroe said particulary that I found very interesting, that Murray had told him about Mannarino's very short, compact forehand, and how effective it was, particularly at deflecting pace. Mannarino's forehand effectiveness was really on display those first 2 sets vs Murray. He was taking on the forehand very early, with seemingly very little effort or fuss, reminding me somewhat of Federer(left handed, bent arm version).

Comment

Murray looks to me that he is almost in a forehand type grip. The heel of his hand appears to be almost on bevel 3. That certainly can't help with the proper rotation/pronation.
                    Last edited by stroke; 09-05-2015, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post

Wonder why?
                      [IMG]FullSizeRender by GC, and here is Serena! [/IMG]

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8245 users online. 7 members and 8238 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                      X