Backhnad slice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backhnad slice

Is it ok to use an eastern backhand to hit slice? An eastern forehand grip? Do any pros actually do that?

It's not ideal. A good continental will do the trick. Djokovic has a weaker slice grip than Federer, but as good as he is with everything else in his game, good to know he is human. Dokovic has improved his slice quite a bit with Becker's help, although he still looks awkward when he hits it. Nadal is even weaker. In fact, I'd say he is closest to a "forehand" grip than any top pro out there.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton
    Last edited by klacr; 09-19-2015, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The Slice Backhand...

Originally posted by eaglesburg View Post
      Is it ok to use an eastern backhand to hit slice? An eastern forehand grip? Do any pros actually do that?
      The thing about the slice backhand eaglesburg is that it is a vast and almost limitless stroke. Perhaps an eastern forehand grip to slice the backhand is a stretch but certainly the strong side of continental towards the eastern forehand is a possibility…particularly on a heavily spinned backhand volley at the net. Or on a ball that you are trying to bounce the ball on your opponents side of the court and trying to make it bounce the second bounce on your side of the court.

My grips are changing all of the time to match the shot that I am playing…the hand should fit on the racquet best in order to transfer the energy from he motion of the body into the racquet face and therefore into the ball…depending again on the type of shot being played. Trajectory.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Grips Matter. But you don't have to take my word for it...

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

How strong a backhand grip is too strong? You can't slice with a semi western backhand, right? Can you slice with an eastern backhand?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7666 users online. 7 members and 7659 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X