Wuhan Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wuhan Open

Why should anybody care less about this one than anything else? My girl Johanna Konta had Venus Williams the whole way but was a smidge hesitant at the very end of the third set. "Hesitant" is a recently favored word among the best tennis commentators, I've noticed, as they explain the difference between very good and great.

Not that Johanna isn't a great concentrator in addition to being a great qualifier which isn't about to last for long.

Either Venus or Johanna could have won this match and if you don't believe me just watch the video or study the score.
    Last edited by bottle; 10-02-2015, 10:43 AM.

Konta has been incrementally improving each year. She seems to have been trained abroad much of the time. Indeed her formative years as a junior were spent at the Sanchez-Casal academy. Unlike Murray who arrived at the academy aged 14, Konta left the academy aged 14 (odd decision) to reside in the UK. She is now trained by a Spanish coach.

Usually kids over here go to the Spanish academies aged 14. Konta seems to have done things the other way round.

I have come to the conclusion that at top level the game becomes an "international" affair. By that I mean players recruit help from anywhere on the globe and they cease to come from anywhere...if you get my point.
    Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8029 users online. 3 members and 8026 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X