The Budge backhand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Budge backhand

I tried your advice on using the Budge slice bh and the results were fantastic. A lot of the slices I hit had more penetration and did not float as much. It was also easier to execute and time. Another good stroke to add to my "repetoire" (if I can even call it that, haha). Great tip John, thanks.

Where's Steffi?

It's really great to see some "vintage" video that can be used for "modern" games. I'd be interested to see Steffi Graf's slice backhand, as it seemed to work pretty well for her. As I grew up emulating these guys, I'd also like to see more of the shots from the greats of the game like Rod Laver, John Newcombe, Bjorn Borg, etc. Thanks.

Comment

Gary,

Are you assuming we could put them up if we only wanted to?? I've answered this question many times before but it is worth saying again. The players have to play before we can film them. There is no "vintage" footage of Steffi. So yeah if she ever plays a few singles matches I'll try to be there. It's a loss to the game, but I think we can console ourselves with plenty of other great footage... As for the other old guys, did you check what is on the site already?
      That represents one of the very few collections of footage of the older guys exisiting anywhere.

John Yandell

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8737 users online. 4 members and 8733 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X