Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weclome to Bungalow

Hey Everyone,

If you are like me you have spent sometime comtemplating the words and wisdom of Bungalow Bill on the TennisWarehouse message boards.

I'm quite happy to say we can now get some direct access here in our own Forum. Hopefully you have all checked out his first article on the one-handed backhand, but Bungalow will be discussing the whole spectrum of the game as well as posting some video clips for us all to contemplate/analyze.

More from him soon--but for now welcome and we look forward to his contributions on the site and in the Forum!

John Yandell

Originally posted by johnyandell
    Hey Everyone,

If you are like me you have spent sometime comtemplating the words and wisdom of Bungalow Bill on the TennisWarehouse message boards.

I'm quite happy to say we can now get some direct access here in our own Forum. Hopefully you have all checked out his first article on the one-handed backhand, but Bungalow will be discussing the whole spectrum of the game as well as posting some video clips for us all to contemplate/analyze.

More from him soon--but for now welcome and we look forward to his contributions on the site and in the Forum!

John Yandell

Thanks John! I am looking forward to developing a great interactive board. We have a wealth of information on this site. To me it is much more rich in content then Tennis Warehouse will ever be.

There are a lot of knowledgable players and coaches out there and I am really looking to start developing this board with our tips, debates, praises, disappointments, encouragement, and enthusiam for this great game.

If anyone has read any of the new articles in the TOUR STROKES section or any other section, let's start talking about them!

Comment

The Yandell Bungalow tennis tandem. Looks like I'll end up being a member of this thing for a good while

Comment

Originally posted by shootermcmarc0
        The Yandell Bungalow tennis tandem. Looks like I'll end up being a member of this thing for a good while
        Haha, yeah I am glad John is here as well, he can bail me out of stuff that gets too deep.

Comment

Deep deep deep.

Comment

I will follow Bungalow Bill to the last corner of the Earth!

I read BB's article on 1-handed backhand here. As usual Bungalo has given his unique insight on this elegant stroke. At the TW Forum where we both write, I have been favoring more toward 1-handed BH and he has been more vocal about double-handed backhand. I thought that the best 1-handed BH can always beat the best 2-handed BH, and he thought Safin who uses 2-handed BH can beat -- but not always -- Roger Federer who plays with one-handed backhand! Anyway, it's great to see Bungalo's contributions here. I have enjoyed the article and have picked up some new pointers from it. I am looking forward to discuss these with my students tomorrow (today is Eid in Pakistan. My family is waiting for me to go outside and I am posting my thoughts here).

I also feel that this site created by my friend, John Yandell, is the ultimate site for players and tennis coaches alike -- ultimate in tennis learning --.

Encouraged by Bungalo Bill, I am working on my own article, "Tactical Planning and Application in Tennis Matches".

It's an honor to be in the elite tennis group.

Keep it up!

Regards,

Mahboob Khan
            Tennis Program Director
            Islamabad Club
            Pakistan

Comment

Bungalow Bill,

Excellent analysis, as per usual, on Flipper's backhand. Still, learning how to navigate around here. You know I enjoy your observations on the sport. I also find my thoughts on the game in agreement with yours as well as Mr. Yandell's. It's actually comforting to see that my views of tennis strokes, strategies and training turn out to be very similar to the both of yours. Looking forward to 'speaking' with both of you in the future. Now if I can only get the video files uploaded by those looking for input on their games to work! See you 'round the campus.

Last edited by FiveO; 11-04-2005, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveO
                Bungalow Bill,

Excellent analysis, as per usual, on Flipper's backhand. Still, learning how to navigate around here. You know I enjoy your observations on the sport. I also find my thoughts on the game in agreement with yours as well as Mr. Yandell's. It's actually comforting to see that my views of tennis strokes, strategies and training turn out to be very similar to the both of yours. Looking forward to 'speaking' with both of you in the future. Now if I can only get the video files uploaded by those looking for input on their games to work! See you 'round the campus.

Yes I feel the same way. After reading your posts we have the same take on tennis. What I like is your use of different words that spark additional insight and "explanations" that help me see it from a different angle. It is all good.

On the video files, I think we have to save them to our hard drives by "right" clicking on them, at least I think that is what John said. Hopefully he can help us with that.

Comment

Originally posted by makhan67
                  I read BB's article on 1-handed backhand here. As usual Bungalo has given his unique insight on this elegant stroke. At the TW Forum where we both write, I have been favoring more toward 1-handed BH and he has been more vocal about double-handed backhand. I thought that the best 1-handed BH can always beat the best 2-handed BH, and he thought Safin who uses 2-handed BH can beat -- but not always -- Roger Federer who plays with one-handed backhand! Anyway, it's great to see Bungalo's contributions here. I have enjoyed the article and have picked up some new pointers from it. I am looking forward to discuss these with my students tomorrow (today is Eid in Pakistan. My family is waiting for me to go outside and I am posting my thoughts here).

I also feel that this site created by my friend, John Yandell, is the ultimate site for players and tennis coaches alike -- ultimate in tennis learning --.

Encouraged by Bungalo Bill, I am working on my own article, "Tactical Planning and Application in Tennis Matches".

It's an honor to be in the elite tennis group.

Keep it up!

Regards,

Mahboob Khan
                  Tennis Program Director
                  Islamabad Club
                  Pakistan
                  I think that argument on the "better" backhand will go on forever.

I am so glad you are posting here Mahboob. You and I pretty much lifted that board at TW many years back. I learn so much when you post it is incredible and I do not give you enough due credit.

Not only are you an excellent coach with great insight but you are a good person and an example to all of us.

Comment

Great article, BBill. You're a good addition to this site, I've enjoyed reading your posts at TW for quite awhile.

Now, if we can just get you to say what you really think! ;OD

Comment

Guys,

On the Flash files, the good news is how they look. The bad news is that you can't download them. Yes we have tried to figure it out. That's different than the Quick Time movies in the archives which you CAN download if you have Quick Time Pro. In December we'll be adding Mark P. to the archive and you'll have a few hundred files to choose from.

John Yandell

Comment

Originally posted by hughof
                        Great article, BBill. You're a good addition to this site, I've enjoyed reading your posts at TW for quite awhile.

Yeah, I know. My wife says the same thing. She is good for me you know. She rolls her eyes when I start jumping around like a monkey with my emotions.

My passion is for everyone to play way better than I ever could or would (of course that isn't saying much)...you get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by hughof

I think his heart is like an ocean filled with passion. At times it is difficult to see what's in there!

Comment

What is all this male bonding Bungalow Bill fan club stuff. Just kidding, I have been a fan of his for years on the TW forum. He just has the gift to understandand explain. What an addition for John. By the way this site is fantastic.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8557 users online. 2 members and 8555 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X