Return of serve grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of serve grips

On returns of serve, I wait with my semi western forehand grip on my right hand and my semi western forehand grip on my left hand that I use for the two hander. If it comes to my forehand I release my left hand and if it comes to my two hand backhand I change my right hand to a continental.

However, I have a little problem with that switch. My backhand grips are choked down slightly compared to my forehand (or said the other way, my forehand grip is choked up slightly compared to my two hand backhand grip).

So what I am forced to do is when I turn my right hand to a continental it moves slightly down the handle. That isn't so bad. But doing that and also sliding the left hand down a little is a bit troublesome. And if I don't move my left hand down it through a my timing off and I come thru early. Also I have to do basically one at a time (both at once seems difficult to accurately every time). So changing grips takes twice the time.

What to do, what to do?

Thanks,
    Eaglesburg

Get your hands aligned one way or the other so that you don't have to slide, just rotate.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      Get your hands aligned one way or the other so that you don't have to slide, just rotate.
      Is it ok to do that even if it involves overlapping my hands?

Comment

No just adjust your groundstroke grips so there is no up and down sliding. You get very used to it.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4408 users online. 6 members and 4402 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X