High speed video analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High speed video analysis

After reading the article on high speed video analysis I went out and started looking for the Casio ex-fh25 since John recommended it as the best option. I managed to find a seller who has the ex-fh25 for sale but they also have the Casio Pro Ex-F1 for sale....

The seller told me the Ex-F1 is better than the Ex-FH25 for recording but its more expensive. I wanted to ask here which camera is better since the seller obviously wants me to buy the more expensive one

I originally had the Casio EX-FH25 and was very happy with it, until my opponent hit the tripod and it fell over and broke...

Stotty, I believe, recommended the Olympus Tough video camera which is very tough, as the name says. It is shock proof, so I do not have to worry anymore.

If you are careful when positioning the video camera, go for the Casio... otherwise if on court and it might get hit go for the Olympus...

Comment

Model numbers, model numbers...can't keep them straight. The question to ask the avid seller about the other casio is does it have the same manual controls--of exposure, aperture, and especially shutter speed. Without these you may get motion blur unless you have bright sunlight. The iphone six is great at 240fps but suffers from this problem in low light.

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
        I originally had the Casio EX-FH25 and was very happy with it, until my opponent hit the tripod and it fell over and broke...

Stotty, I believe, recommended the Olympus Tough video camera which is very tough, as the name says. It is shock proof, so I do not have to worry anymore.

If you are careful when positioning the video camera, go for the Casio... otherwise if on court and it might get hit go for the Olympus...
        Did he at least offer to pay for it

I will just be using it to record strokes so if I end up hitting the camera while using it for this I think I might need to find another sport to play but thanks for the information

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Model numbers, model numbers...can't keep them straight. The question to ask the avid seller about the other casio is does it have the same manual controls--of exposure, aperture, and especially shutter speed. Without these you may get motion blur unless you have bright sunlight. The iphone six is great at 240fps but suffers from this problem in low light.
          I asked him that and his reply was pretty much a copy and paste from casio;

'' With the mode wheel, you can select the aperture, shutter or manual settings. The manual mode offers you many possibilities for creative photography. ''

'' Shutter: CMOS electronic shutter and mechanical shutter''

'' Shutter Speed*(6): Snapshot mode (auto): 1 – 1/2000 sec.
          Aperture Priority AE: 1 to 1/2000 second
          Shutter speed priority AE and manual Exposure: 60 – 1/40,000 sec. ''

'' Aperture: F2.7 (W) - 15.0 (W), automatic switching (when using a ND filter).
          The aperture values vary when using the optical zoom
          Aperture priority / manual Exposure: F2.7 (W) - 7.5 (W) ''

Sadly none of this means anything to me so its probably safer just going with the one you recommended John, ex-fh25?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post

Yes the Olympus Tough is perfect for coaches. It's waterproof and shockproof. I position mine wherever I want on the court with having to worry about it being accidentally hit. It's been knocked over on its tripod numerous times and has survived with no problems.

You only need the manual shutter camera if you are in John's line of business....a pro videographer.

I guess it depends on purpose, but you can get an awful lot for very little money these days....
            Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2344 users online. 1 members and 2343 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X