High speed analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High speed analysis

Hi guys & girls hope everyone is doing well!

I have started my own high speed analysis after reading the article on here. I purchased a casio ex fh25 (recommended in the article) and went out and started recording. I was wondering would it be possible for anyone who has used this camera to give me some tips on how to maximise the video quality. Im recording indoors so the lighting isnt amazing. Is there anywhere I can post the clip to receive some feedback on how to use the camera more effectively. Feedback on my forehand is also appreciated

Many thanks

You can post it on you tube and then put the link here.
    That camera does the best of all the compact high speed cameras indoors. Go into the menu and bump up the ASA all the way.

Now work with the shutter and the aperature. Depending on the court it can be tough--not like outdoors. But usually you get enough to see what you want to see.

Comment

Okay here it is I had to record it again. Its mainly just forehands down the centre. If anyone has any tips on camera positioning, distance from player etc that would be great and whether I should be using the zoom function or not?

Comment

Custom,

Yeah the pulsing you see is the camera seeing the lights. I would zoom in and try to fill the frame with your body.
        In the settings you can boost the ASA way up to give you more light. It actually looks pretty good as is but this could help. None of the small high speed cameras are that super great indoors. The idea indoors is to just see well enough to analyze.

Two thoughts--stretch that left arm harder across your body in the turn. Also look at my current article on backswing. Yours isn't overly huge but could still stay more outside and to the right.

John

Comment

Great thanks I wasn't sure what the pulsing effect was coming from thanks for clearing that up. Okay I will mess around with the zoom function and see if I can produce something better.

I was practicing the backswing today (only for 60 minutes though) and it feels so much better just trying to adjust to the timing now. Thanks for the tips

4.5 here I come

Comment

You just might make that.

Comment

Yeah if I dont choke every single match away. I always loose in 3 after serving for match in 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by customf View Post
                Yeah if I dont choke every single match away. I always loose in 3 after serving for match in 2nd
                But you keep playing well enough to give yourself opportunities to win the match. And thats what you focus on. Sounds like you've got...wait for it..."The Loser's Edge"

http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...e_losers_edge/

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton

Comment

Read the Jim Loehr articles too in the Mental Game section--the ones on the 16 second cure and from negative to positive. Choking means you care--it's just the final step before ideal performance!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7700 users online. 11 members and 7689 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X