Djokovic Return of Serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djokovic Return of Serve

Thanks John for the updated footage of Djokovic on return of serve.

Many great articles have already been written on this site regarding what is happening in a pro level return of serve, but I have a couple of observations after seeing these examples.

1. Djokovic first moves his hands to the backhand side by default, even on forehand returns. I think this speaks to the percentages, whereby pro servers routinely target the backhand side. I believe it also illustrates the greater unit turn necessary on the backhand side versus the forehand.

2. On forehand return, Djokovic really waits for the ball to get on top of him, then barely swings at all. The minimal degree of hand swing is quite striking. The minimalism reminds me of McEnroe's topsin backhand block-back return...a thing of beauty.

Yeah great point about that quirky move to the backhand side.

did you read this??

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      Yeah great point about that quirky move to the backhand side.

did you read this??

http://www.tennisplayer.net/members/...ips/index.html
      I did and think all three are excellent articles! Just scrolling through the clips before a match is helpful in visualizing the proper movement shape. The pros really get down and pivot before moving to the ball, whereas I think the instinct I know I fight to overcome is immediately reaching for the ball.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7815 users online. 5 members and 7810 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X