Stanley Plagenhoef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley Plagenhoef

This slim book, only 117 pages, written in 1970 by Plagenhoef is a great classic, and everything in it is in accordance with John's Tennisplayer.net site. John, naturally, has the advantage of video analysis to work out the mechanics more in depth.

This book is illustrated with sketches, like on the cover, instead of photos of players. His writing is concise. His writing is precise, concise and to the point. Of all the books I own, this is the one I still browse most frequently. It is purely about technique, not strategy. The sketches are of Rosewall, Smith, Ralston, Osuna, Roche, Laver, Graebner and some lesser players.

Interesting aspects such as graphs such as the relationship for the serve between ball speed, racket head velocity, and the striking mass (dependent on grip firmness).

Maps for the serve showing the impact point of the ball in respect to the starting foot position.

A real pioneer.

Hmm...interesting

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post

This slim book, only 117 pages, written in 1970 by Plagenhoef is a great classic, and everything in it is in accordance with John's Tennisplayer.net site. John, naturally, has the advantage of video analysis to work out the mechanics more in depth.

This book is illustrated with sketches, like on the cover, instead of photos of players. His writing is concise. His writing is precise, concise and to the point. Of all the books I own, this is the one I still browse most frequently. It is purely about technique, not strategy. The sketches are of Rosewall, Smith, Ralston, Osuna, Roche, Laver, Graebner and some lesser players.

Interesting aspects such as graphs such as the relationship for the serve between ball speed, racket head velocity, and the striking mass (dependent on grip firmness).

Maps for the serve showing the impact point of the ball in respect to the starting foot position.

A real pioneer.
    Sounds like a really interesting book. I haven't come across it before. I may have to try a pick up a copy. Maybe Amazon have it.
    Stotty

Comment

On Amazon a new one will set you back 2,400 dollars...

Comment

On Amazon UK a secondhand one in very good condition is £1.41. I think I shall settle for a secondhand copy.
        Stotty

Comment

He was the John Yandell of the 70's...

Comment

I Ordered It

$.01 plus 3.99 shipping = $4.00 .

Comment

He had a ton of high speed film--I mean film of the top players of the day. A few years after his death I found out about it. His widow had thrown it away.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7719 users online. 12 members and 7707 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X