No announcement yet.

Any women tennis players on this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any women tennis players on this forum?

Just wondering, because the emphasis seems to be on discussing male players. Don't see woman's tennis being discussed much...

Good questions (two of them). The dearth of women started when LadyPro went into seclusion. We didn't send her flowers quickly enough.

Comment

2016 Indian Well Ladies Final

"Ladies" final today at Indian Wells. Serena Williams versus Victoria Azarenka. Not the daintiest of things. I know…I know. Misogynist. Is it illegal to say "Ladies" yet?
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Victoria Azarenka vs. Serena Williams

Victoria takes the first set 6-4 serving out at love. You ever wonder why nobody discusses the women's game should watch it sometime. There is quite a bit of noise on the court and the noise they are making in the announcers booth is obvious. It's tough to drum up any interest for such a venue.

I'm going to go easy on the ladies…the fairer sex. But Serena does have a new do. A new hairdo. But it's a wig isn't it? It always has been? Just wondering…about the ladies. As ladies do. As a ladies man does.
        don_budge

Comment

A smashed racquet…3-0 Azarenka in the second

Serena has played a very strange match. Seeing as this is her second homecoming at Indian Wells after a long absence from a controversial incident that happened many, many years ago. The announcer were paying tribute to her and her sister for their bravery in returning at the beginning of the match. It was a little overdone.

When Serena returned to her chair she promptly smashed another racquet that was still in the cellophane wrapper. Her performance really amounts to a tanking. She hasn't put in the effort…that has been apparent.

Now the announcer is again bringing up the incident as in using it for an excuse for her poor performance today. She has had a strange day. Now both announcers are piling on with the drudging up of the incident. It's an odd discussion. It doesn't seem to be too connected with the reality of the situation.

I'm glad that I had this temporary interest in the women's game. It's a walk down memory lane. The poor sportsmanship shown by Serena has been only to verify what I have seen in the past of her. She's different. The tennis itself is totally uninteresting (boring) as there is absolutely nothing of interest going on. I cannot imagine that people actually buy tickets to see this nonsense.
          don_budge

Comment

Unknown Thought...Victory to Victoria Azarenka too bad Serena...Indigenous Peoples

Unknown Thought…Pearl Jam

Indian Wells, California. I wonder what the "Wells" part of it means. It's probably just a name…right? Or would it be that once upon a time there were "Indians" or Indigenous Peoples that lived in this part of the world that is for all intents and purposes…a desert. Uninhabitable to modern man excerpt for all of our wonderful technology including the gadgets and gizmos that we all but take for granted. Except for the times when the damn things won't work. The "Wells" part of Indian Wells may have meant that somewhere in that neighbourhood was a source of water. A source of water for the people that lived there…without air-conditioning or electricity. Maybe the water was clean enough to drink. That's the other thing.

Serena Williams returned to the desert again this year. She made her "Second Coming" last year but if I remember correctly she pulled out with an injury. This year she pulled out in a different manner…she smashed two racquets in some sort of fit of anger which in and of itself is no big deal…afterall people get angry. People emotionally lose track of where they are at on the roadmap of life and get angry for the silliest of reasons. Her smashing her racquets were no big deal. Except that it contradicts this illusory paradigm that we modern peoples have established. It wasn't politically correct to do that was it? But Serena gets a pass…not only for who she is but for what she is. What is she afterall…a human being?

Racism is a word that has been bandied about for the good of the people for the last thirty years or so. I think it must have been during the Bill Clinton presidency that the "Politically Correct" movement really was launched. It's an invention of the Liberals with the implicit consent of the Conservatives. It gives them something to appear to disagree about yet it serves the ultimate purpose…it makes all of the little people hate each other deep down inside and it keeps them so divided that they can't see the forest through the trees. It's the beauty of diversity…it ultimately divides.

So along comes Serena hopping merrily along through life. A man in a woman's body or something of that nature. A freak of nature tennis_chiro called Rafael Nadal but he would get nailed as a "misogynist" if he were to utter those words in Serena's direction. But she is so obviously that much stronger than any other woman on the tour. People just won't or cannot believe their own eyes.

Are we paying enough attention to the "Ladies Game" Church Lady? I know you can't see me any longer…I'm on your list of bad guys…the ultimate penance on tennisplayer.net…the ignore list. Hey gzhpcu…there are a lot of other guys ignoring me here and they didn't have to put me on their ignore list.

But anyways fifteen years ago or so…I wasn't there at Indian Wells. I had problems of my own in another part of the world and I must have been too busy to notice Serena's trials and tribulations enough to feel sorry for her or her sister or her father. Supposedly some remarks were uttered in her direction. Racist remarks they say. What is racism anyways? Is that when you hate somebody because they are different than you. To be a racist do you have to overtly make your hate and disgust known or can it harbour in a secret place in your heart…in your heart of darkness perhaps. I don't know…I suppose there have been my fair share of people that have earned my disgust and just because they happened to be of this or that it never occurred to me to hate them for anything as specific as certain details. Mostly it is in their behavior that earns them the privilege of my disgust…or hate if you really feel it necessary to call it that.

For me this feeling is an equal opportunity contributor and in general these feelings seem to fall in the realm and parameters of the "human race". I suppose to be the ultimate "racist" you must hate the whole human race. That might not be so difficult to do from certain perspectives…some humans have such shitty lives it might appear more convenient to hate the whole species than just any one segment. Take the Indigenous Peoples that used to live at Indian Wells…they might have a hard time thinking about "loving thy neighbour" as Jesus preached let alone loving every misfit and creton that creeps around the planet. Especially those cretons that made their very existence impossible…namely you and me.

Which brings us back to Serena again. It's a damn shame that perhaps there were individuals in the crowd that uttered "racist" remarks in her families direction. I know personally what it feels like to be called names such as "nigger", "nigger toes", "geronimo", "cochise" or "eskimo boy". It isn't nice…but it wasn't the end of the world either. Afterall…it taught me the facts of life. It made a man of me. At least the man that I grew up to be. But how can Serena make such a big hullabaloo out of this incident when it is still being discussed as a possible excuse for her behavior in the finals of the 2016 Indian Wells Ladies Final.

I kid you not…as she was going down in a pyre of flames this was the storyline being sold by the commentatoes in the booth. Ok…I get it. It's a story that will never lose traction…because it is all about dividing people into different groups. It's diversity and the great multi-cultural experience all wrapped into one. Never mind that we have had a black president for eight years. None of it changes anything…not at the root level. Birds of a feather will always flock together. It's the nature of the beast. It's nature. I am not saying it is good or bad…I am saying that this is the way it has been and always will be. No matter how you dress it up. In my case…I learned to live with it. The same could be said for Richard Gonzalez.

But Serena milks it. She will milk it to the end. For her it may be a distraction. She is distracting us from the obvious. When I say "us" I am not really including myself because I am always going to ask the question…what is the reality of the matter?

Indian Wells…I'll bet that the name has to do with a source of water for the Indigenous People that used to live there. Perhaps a couple of hundred years ago somebody was calling them bad names…or worse.
            Last edited by don_budge; 03-20-2016, 11:26 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
            don_budge

Comment

We have some women subscribers, but for whatever reason the majority are men--and that is filtered and magnified in the forum.

Comment

Finally we have a woman poster.

Comment

Yay! very welcoming of you Phil. Not an expert on women's or men's tennis as you may have gathered but I am a student of tennis and this site is gold! and its good to share the journey with other researchers of the game --not to mention experts.

Comment

Thanks Ferli about the site. Would love to have more women, children and even men...

Comment

Originally posted by ferli001 View Post
                      Yay! very welcoming of you Phil. Not an expert on women's or men's tennis as you may have gathered but I am a student of tennis and this site is gold! and its good to share the journey with other researchers of the game --not to mention experts.
                      You do not have to be expert. We are all here to learn and help each other.

Comment

Could be the right time to encourage female membership and participation. Less obscenity than usual. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T2uBeiNXAo)
                        Last edited by bottle; 06-30-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8424 users online. 5 members and 8419 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X