Tennis injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis injuries

Is anyone interested in discussing success with curing over-training injuries?
    For example, I was not able to rid myself of plantar fasciitis until I put motion control into ALL of my shoes, including my daily street shoes.

I am curious if anyone has had success in getting rid of Tibial Posterior tendonitis or syndrome. For those of you lucky enough to not be familiar with this injury, it involes pain in the tendon that runs down the inside of your lower leg and behind the ankle. The pain can radiate down into the arch. I have the feeling this is going to be a difficult tendonitis to get rid of, and was wondering if anyone has any treatments or exercises that helped.

Thanks,
    A.N.

Hey A.N.,

Tibial posterior tendonitis is nasty stuff! I've never had it, but over the years it's probably the only foot ailment I've been able to avoid. For some time now I've been blissfully devoid of foot related injuries because I wear custom orthotics that were made for me by Dr. David Hannaford in Marin County. This is THE guy when it comes to your feet. I have referred a great many people from a wide range of sports to him including (tennis tour player) Jeff Salzenstein, always with great results.

In any event, it's my understanding that tibial posterior tendonitis is best treated with a custom orthotic. In case you're interested Dr Hannaford's number is 415 499-8000.

I hope you heal fast and well,

Scott Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by nunziata
      Is anyone interested in discussing success with curing over-training injuries?
      Look into Trigger Point Therapy.

The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies is a good book on the subject.

Comment

Achilles tendinitis

Here's my story about treating my Achilles tendinitis.

I've used orthotics for 4 years, since tearing a meniscus running.

The tendinitis appears to be an overuse injury, probably occurring in August, when my wife and 3 daughters were on an Alaskan cruise, and I had to stay and cover another doctor's practice. I used this opportunity to play tennis daily, sometimes 2 or 3 matches in a day.

By November, my hobbling was noticeable to everyone. So:
        1. Physical therapy: massage; brief use of steroid creams on the tendon; strengthening exercises for the muscles that support the arch; stretching.
        2. Rest
        3. Less tennis, and when I do play, I try to play more intelligently; not every match is the Wimbledon finals; I don't chase down every drop shot
        4. Icing, twice a day, for 10-20 minutes.
        5. Foam roller to massage the muscles
        6. Hamstring and calf stretches

Result: slow improvement
        Conclusion: tennis addiction can lead to overuse injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by nunziata
          For example, I was not able to rid myself of plantar fasciitis until I put motion control into ALL of my shoes, including my daily street shoes.
          Hi nunziata!

I've recently been injured due to plantar fasciitis and noticed your post. would you mind telling me what motion control is? how long did you have PF? did you play while you had it? any help would be much appreciated!

thanks!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7880 users online. 5 members and 7875 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X