Controlling slice backhand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling slice backhand

I have a pretty effective slice but I'm having some directional control issues.

When it is a high ball I find it easy to go cross court but difficult to go down the line. When it is a low ball I find it easy to go down the line but difficult to go cross court.

And I'm pretty sure this has something to do with it: after the bounce the high slices curve to the right and the low slices curve to the left.

Any advice for this?

Slices are so underrated and underused. They throw so many people for a loop and I love hitting backhand slices too.

Originally posted by eaglesburg View Post
    I have a pretty effective slice but I'm having some directional control issues.

When it is a high ball I find it easy to go cross court but difficult to go down the line. When it is a low ball I find it easy to go down the line but difficult to go cross court.

And I'm pretty sure this has something to do with it: after the bounce the high slices curve to the right and the low slices curve to the left.

Any advice for this?

Slices are so underrated and underused. They throw so many people for a loop and I love hitting backhand slices too.
    Realize that at the extremes, the high and low slices are essentially primarily sidespin as opposed to underspin and you are hitting the high slice on the outside of the ball and the low slice on the inside of the ball - thus, the corresponding direction of the ball after the bounce as you have noted, and the ease with which you go to either side.

don

Comment

I guess that make sense. Thanks!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7763 users online. 8 members and 7755 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X