Life in Miami (and at the Miami Open)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life in Miami (and at the Miami Open)

Your thoughts on my "Life in Miami (and at the Miami Open)".

Simply...

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
    Your thoughts on my "Life in Miami (and at the Miami Open)".
    Incredible.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

It was good to have John down. Very productive trip. The Miami Open was productive. Bit of culture shock for John in dealing with the traffic but gotta experience Miami traffic at least once in his life. He got a lot of great video of some top players and John was nice enough to take an interest in my forehand, which you may see in a future article. Really interesting elements.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

The Murray Serve...

"And how about my quest to find Amelie Mauresmo and make that one critical adjustment on Andy's serve? More internal arm and hand rotation. (Click Here to read about the reason Andy hits 80mph second serves.)

Tantalizing. She told me she wanted to see the footage, "Why not?" But then put me off three other times. I finally ended up leaving her some clips on a thumb drive and a note explaining what it showed.

The funny thing was I had a clip of Amelie from 2005 rotating more than Andy. I thought that might peek her interest and maybe she would find it amusing. But she didn't seem to get it. "It's too late for me," she said. Huh?"

Murray was talking about improving his serve after his match with Nadal today. I didn't catch the whole of it…but I wonder if you may have given the Murray "team" the impetus. I think he made a comment about looking at some video. He was talking about being a professional…that they don't concentrate on technique as much. Dull talk from a very dull mind.
        Last edited by don_budge; 05-07-2016, 10:23 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
        don_budge

Comment

Andy Murray Speaks...

Andy Murray defeated Rafa Nadal 7-5 6-4 to book his place in the Madrid final.

Here's the interview…no mention of John's input.
          don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
            "And how about my quest to find Amelie Mauresmo and make that one critical adjustment on Andy's serve? More internal arm and hand rotation. (Click Here to read about the reason Andy hits 80mph second serves.)

Tantalizing. She told me she wanted to see the footage, "Why not?" But then put me off three other times. I finally ended up leaving her some clips on a thumb drive and a note explaining what it showed.

The funny thing was I had a clip of Amelie from 2005 rotating more than Andy. I thought that might peek her interest and maybe she would find it amusing. But she didn't seem to get it. "It's too late for me," she said. Huh?"

Murray was talking about improving his serve after his match with Nadal today. I didn't catch the whole of it…but I wonder if you may have given the Murray "team" the impetus. I think he made a comment about looking at some video. He was talking about being a professional…that they don't concentrate on technique as much. Dull talk from a very dull mind.
            What an un-professional group of people.

I just reached that conclusion.

Why would they not have top end cameras, and be filming every match with it?

Maybe they get it from TV stations, or the ATP, but, I wonder.

Why would John Yandell (with all due respect) ever have camera footage better than a former Wimbeldon winners team.

I wonder how much he's maximimized his potential (Murray).

Its about time I invest, and learn this high speed video I think.

John, what is the best camera I could possibly buy?

Whats your dream scenario?

I got this MMA fighter down to his last 2-3 months in my system before I farm him out to America, and it is probably a good idea to get him on high speed film, so I have that for instructional and comparison purposes with my two daughters.

I better get rid of IPADS, coaches eye and Ubersense as its clearly no good.
            Last edited by hockeyscout; 05-07-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Casio cameras! The small ones are cheap. 240fps. The only problem is that you can't film inside in dim light.

The best one is discontinued ex fh 25. You can find one on ebay maybe for about $1200 USD but you might start with one of the $300 ones. They change the models all the time and I don't try them out but you want 240fps.

Beyond that things are more complex and costly. We rent them as needed at pro events and usually need a dedicated tech to make them work.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7920 users online. 6 members and 7914 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X