• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
    "Well, it seems like I'm caught up in your trap again
    And it seems like I'll be wearing the same old chains
    Good will conquer evil and the truth will set me free
    And I know someday I will find the key
    And I know somewhere I will find the key"

A lot of us are trapped one way or another. Personal prisons. Whether we know it or not. Whether we admit it or not. Locked up in prison without a key. Come to think of it all I see are prisoners and slaves nowadays. Very few free men.

Tennis in prison? I have been an advocate for tennis and golf for the incarcerated and the mentally ill for some years. I know that it has served as my therapy all of these years. Hitting the ball…therapeutically. Hitting inanimate objects. It's better than kicking the dog or the wife or the kids…no?

"Well, it seems like I've been playing your game way too long
    And it seems the game I've played has made you strong
    But when the game is over I won't walk out the loser
    And I know that I'll walk out of here again
    And I know someday I'll walk out of here again"

Playing tennis and golf are two of the best ways that I have found to escape…from being trapped.
    You gave me a good excuse to mention the eBay listing I put up early this morning. It's my effort at trying to provide a way to get a good experience hitting a ball when you don't have the right circumstances. Unfortunately, it is to hit a golf ball, although I do have an idea for a portable rebound net as well. For the first time in my life, I can say one of my hairbrained ideas is patent pending. I filed my first provisional utility patent application and now I have 12 months to take it further, unless someone else already thought of this and beat me to the patent office. But I've never seen anything else quite like it. Check it out:

don_budge, I'd be glad to send you one, but the postage overseas is frightful. But I will tell you that I'm not bullshitting; it really works. I'd appreciate any comments you all have.

don

Comment

Golfing in the Kingdom…Michael Murphy

Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post

don_budge, I'd be glad to send you one, but the postage overseas is frightful. But I will tell you that I'm not bullshitting; it really works. I'd appreciate any comments you all have.

don
      Sold…to don_budge. For nothing. Freebie as advertised. Yippey!!! Let me know how I can get the postage to you. It would be perfect for me on my 23 acres in the middle of nowhere. My penitentiary. I am hitting golf balls back and forth in the yard every day and this device would save my lawn.

I'm practicing my swing 100 times a day with a weighted club too…getting ready to play some golf. Currently studying Peter Kostis, "The Inside Path to Better Golf". Funny thing…tennis_chiro…a friend of mine recommended this book to me when I first started playing golf. I bought it but never read it…maybe I tried but it didn't interest me then. But now I have found the key to the swing that I was missing…it cost me perhaps 20% in length. Maybe even more. If I had know this then…it could have been the Senior Tour.

Wait a minute…would haves, should haves and could haves. Oh well.

Beam it over here Sir…I've got an account in the States. I'll get you the postage stamps.
      Last edited by don_budge; 04-22-2016, 10:52 PM.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

I'm for tennis in prison.

Comment

Peter Pearson is there.

Comment

^yes. Tremendous talent. Do you know which prison has him? Wonder if they are aware of his remarkable tennis background.

Comment

Tom Carter and Tracy Houk visited him. He is an inmate firefighter--some place in the Sierra's. They let him hit against a wall.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8139 users online. 9 members and 8130 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X