2016 Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters…ATP 1000…Monte Carlo, Monaco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters…ATP 1000…Monte Carlo, Monaco

Roger Federer in the house. What more needs to be said? It's a tennis tournament…officially. It's a fiasco without him. The day is coming when he will not be in the draw any longer. It will be a sad day…the day that tennis died.

It will be interesting to see what kind of form he will be in. No tournaments…no match play for what…three months? He's got a plethora of serious tennis players in his section of the draw with Novak Djokovic looming up on top. Realistically it will be too much to expect that match to happen in the semifinals. It's clay courts…not his best surface.

He is merely preparing. He has only a couple of goals in mind and one of them is Wimbledon. He will be using this clay court season as his personal training ground. Honing his game…conditioning…match play.

But whatever…his presence gives the tournament credibility. Without him…well you understand. You saw what happened in Miami…didn't you?

Official singles, doubles and qualifying draw from the tournament archive in men's professional tennis on the ATP Tour.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

one of my favorite tournaments. Monte Carlo, where the rich and famous go to relax and/or frolic. The backdrop is the blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea. One of my club members is a member of the Monte Carlo Country Club, he is leaving today to go see the event. He asked me if I wanted to join...bummer I had to decline the offer. Kinda have this thing happening in Florida called...WORK! But if that wasn't an issue, I'd be on the first flight out.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

It does look to be the most beautiful setting for a court in the world

Comment

Federer is back looking good!

Comment

And Murray is winning 45% of his second serves... Amelie was standing right in front of the truth in Miami...what you want to bet she hasn't looked at those clips--and probably won't...

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
            And Murray is winning 45% of his second serves... Amelie was standing right in front of the truth in Miami...what you want to bet she hasn't looked at those clips--and probably won't...
            "It's too late for me..."

That response said it all.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
              "It's too late for me..."

That response said it all.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton
              It certainly did.

Comment

~

https://www.google.com/#q=%22It%27s+...+player+speaks.

Comment

Djokovic is out! Could this mean Federer might win it?

Comment

Djokovic and Berdych both crash out. Not a good day for the Monte Carlo residents and last year's finalists.

I'll stil watch the tournament...but only because Federer is playing.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                    Boca Raton

Comment

The loss of Djokovic…ZZZzzzzzzzzz

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                      Djokovic and Berdych both crash out. Not a good day for the Monte Carlo residents and last year's finalists.

I'll stil watch the tournament...but only because Federer is playing.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                      Boca Raton
                      It's interesting how the disappearance of Djokovic actually may increase the entertainment value to the tournament…particularly so with the presence of Roger Federer.

In this video clip we can see how disinterested Djokovic is in truly winning this match. The overuse of the dropshot tactic is a dead giveaway. He beats this opponent 999 times out of a 1,000. The odd loss coming on a day of special circumstances totally under the control of Novak Djokovic. For some reason he didn't want to win this match. He probably needs a rest after winning two huge titles. Or maybe he threw the match for the good of the game. Remember the scandal at the Australian Open? Maybe it goes higher than anyone has imagined.

Dominic Thiem versus Rafael Nadal? This will be the type of confrontation that will be hyped to try and inject the feel of real interest. But how many will actually sit through this from start to finish. I watched Wawrinka, Thiem and Nadal yesterday. None of the above held my interest for more than ten minutes at a time.

Roger Federer versus anybody? Of course…it's the last remaining link to real tennis. Real real tennis. Not the backcourt facsimile that we see today.

Meanwhile the commentatoes drone on and on about the tactics of backhand to backhand, forehand to forehand and vice versa. Pure and utter boring drivel. Serve percentages. Anything that they can think of to pontificate on. They are at a real lack of words. There is absolutely nothing to say. It's backcourt all the thiem.

Here's a sample of some pretty nice clay court tennis from 1974. There was nothing wrong with the game. There was no reason to "fix" it.

Bjorn Borg versus Adriano Panatta

LOOK OUT!!! They're going to the net! At every conceivable opportunity!
                      Last edited by don_budge; 04-13-2016, 11:51 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
                      don_budge
                      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Not surprisingly, Federer is now the 2nd favorite, very slightly behind Nadal, to win the tournament, per the oddsmakers.
                        Last edited by stroke; 04-14-2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Federer rolls over Aguth, who is playing great tennis. Nadal dispatches Thiem. And don't forget Wawrinka, looking strong against Simon, a dangerous player. Monfils wipes out Vesely! Often happens to a player who caused a great upset. This is Federer's big chance...

Comment

Nadal beats Wawrinka. He had lots more depth of shot, avoiding the short topspin shots around the service line. He could be back...

Comment

If Nadal wins Monte Carlo it would give him a huge boost of confidence as his 'old self". He should also send a thank you card to Djokovic for bowing out early

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                              Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7783 users online. 6 members and 7777 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X