Do well in men's 35's middle states.

Anyone?

Comment

Improve my racket drop on my serve....

Comment

I don't have any
        Stotty

Comment

Continue to refine and advance my understanding of the game through video and quantitative analysis. Enjoy the unequaled sensation of a perfectly produced stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
            I don't have any
            You can't be serious...

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
              You can't be serious...
              It's true. I just don't work like that. I speak from a standpoint of my own tennis and not necessarily as a coach. I played tennis purely because I found it interesting and absorbing. Goals and target setting just aren't me, although I can see it works well for the majority of the population.
              Stotty

Comment

It's true. I just don't work like that. I speak from a standpoint of my own tennis and not necessarily as a coach. I played tennis purely because I found it interesting and absorbing. Goals and target setting just aren't me, although I can see it works well for the majority of the population.
                So you are totally happy with your tennis? Nothing you could improve? If so, you are one lucky guy...

Comment

So you are totally happy with your tennis? Nothing you could improve? If so, you are one lucky guy...
                  In my own way I have maximised myself. There is nothing I can improve that will make a jot of difference. It would be a cliche if I said I could alter something to improve. I often find it amusing when the self-taught player defeats one that is coached to death.

I think we all have a celling and can only go so far. When you reach that point, be honest with yourself, work with what you've got, and turn to tactics.
                  Last edited by stotty; 04-27-2016, 10:31 AM.
                  Stotty

Comment

This. Although, my sophomore year in high school I talked a lot of **** and lied, telling everyone I was sponsored by Wilson. Cheated on a bunch of line calls too. At the end of the day, who gives a crap. Enjoy the game and improve.

Comment

In my own way I have maximised myself. There is nothing I can improve that will make a jot of difference. It would be a cliche if I said I could alter something to improve. I often find it amusing when the self-taught player defeats one that is coached to death.

I think we all have a celling and can only go so far. When you reach that point, be honest with yourself, work with what you've got, and turn to tactics.
                      Oh well, to each his own. I find it fascinating to keep on improving and trying out technical tips that I pick up on this site. For me it is an endless quest, a never-ending story, and that is what makes tennis so fascinating for me. That is why I love the thought provoking articles on this site. Every day I go on court, I go with at least one thing I want to work on, even if it is very, very difficult to change old habits, especially those you have had for multiple decades.

Comment

Tennis Goals:

1. Win Wimbledon (Although I'm 16 years late of my initial goal to win it at 17 like Becker)

2. Help more of my students have that "a-ha" moment. It does happen, but I want it to happen more and more. It's addicting.

3. Share with more people the art, nuances and style of serve & volley.

4. Take my forehand to the next level. It's admired by 1% of population. But I want it to be admired by the 99%. Thanks to John's keen video analysis, the goal is near completion.

5. Marry Danielle Dotzenrod (The hardest yet most worthwhile goal)

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                        Boca Raton
                        Last edited by klacr; 04-27-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Hey Kyle, she even opened a restaurant in Los Angeles...

Comment

The Second Half of One's Life...

...even if it is very, very difficult to change old habits, especially those you have had for multiple decades.
                            “The second half of a man’s life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half.”- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
                            don_budge
                            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Hey Kyle, she even opened a restaurant in Los Angeles...
                              A beautiful model from the midwest...that loves food. It's a match made in heaven.

Keep hope alive.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                              Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8122 users online. 6 members and 8116 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X