What are your tennis goals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil,

I thought Drod's restaurant is in Iowa...

Comment

Right John, she returned from Los Angeles to Iowa. Read headline too fast... Good news Kyle, closer to Boca Raton.... somewhat....

Comment

The Seasoned Coach…Dostoyevsky versus Dotzenrod

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
        In my own way I have maximised myself. There is nothing I can improve that will make a jot of difference. It would be a cliche if I said I could alter something to improve. I often find it amusing when the self-taught player defeats one that is coached to death.

I think we all have a celling and can only go so far. When you reach that point, be honest with yourself, work with what you've got, and turn to tactics.
        Well played…Old Boy. Turn to tactics. Why it's unheard of! But of course…considering the demographics. Your age…the number of hours you put on the court…you'd be better off learning how to play golf if you had any extra time.

At some point…as a tennis player one tends to say…been there, done that. I like to play for the exercise…maybe once a week. But even so…the pain and recovery makes it almost counterproductive.

If there is to be any goals…it is to try and get through another season without missing a single hour of training. Maybe going on eight years now. 25 hours a week. Tell me…what more is there to accomplish?

Even as a young player I never had any goals. I think it's an evolutionary process as opposed to an engineered process. Life is like that…the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. At least that has been my experience.

I rarely ever made any plans at all generally speaking. Preferring to live in the moment…take it as it comes. Specialize in having fun. Sometimes you organize the thing and take all of the fun out of it. It's supposed to be fun…not a job.

In a former life I had a terribly responsible job. I never made lists. No reminders. I missed a couple of deadlines perhaps…but what the hell. Nobody cares today what happened yesterday.

Let your passion guide your direction. Get your fill. Don't stop until you get enough. Baby steps all of the way. That's what I tell my guys…my kids as they become young adults. Baby steps add up…into a giant leap. Just for the bloody fun of it. Every hour you are on the court…try to suck the last drop out of it. Leave no stone unturned. In this way you make small incremental improvements in every facet. It all adds up!

Originally posted by biodegradableeric1979 View Post
        At the end of the day, who gives a crap. Enjoy the game and improve.
        Last edited by don_budge; 04-28-2016, 11:50 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

The Master of Preparation…Roger Federer

Roger being interviewed by Vijay Amritraj in 2009. Very interesting.
          don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
            Right John, she returned from Los Angeles to Iowa. Read headline too fast... Good news Kyle, closer to Boca Raton.... somewhat....
            Still a long ways a way from Florida. Distance makes heart grow fonder.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwxYXwvEg1E

Roger being interviewed by Vijay Amritraj in 2009. Very interesting.
              Yes, a good interview. Vijay knows the right questions. He's a player first and commentator second, like McEnroe...that's the right way round. Good players respect other good players.

Roger is rounded and grounded. It's 2009 and he's got good perspective by this point. A lot of history has gone before him and he's been weighing things up...his place in the game. I feel he got himself and the game about right.
              Last edited by stotty; 04-29-2016, 12:16 PM.
              Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                Still a long ways a way from Florida. Distance makes heart grow fonder.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                Boca Raton
                "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach"... Now all you need is a go-between to deliver the message...

Comment

The Path…Preparation

Originally posted by biodegradableeric1979 View Post
                  Do well in men's 35's middle states.
                  If this is the chosen goal then you will want to prepare. The mantra of a tennis player being…preparation, preparation, preparation.

Get a listing of tournaments in the middle states. Find a tournament that you set you eyes and soul on. Prepare for that tournament by playing at least five preliminary events. Prepare for each of these events in order that your preparation has the longer range goal of the chosen event.

Set you goals on a second event some weeks after the initial event…give yourself another few events to further prepare.
                  don_budge

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8149 users online. 9 members and 8140 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X