Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Radek Stepanek to Rafael Nadal…Greatness

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
    Radek Stepanek might be appropriately called a "journeyman doubles player" at this point in his career.

Stepanek sure is an interesting player to watch even though it is obvious from the beginning he may be over matched on account of his age…possibly not the best athlete out there either. But he makes it interesting by making good use of his brain to go along with his tactics. He certainly makes good use of his doubles skills. Even his serving tactics are subtly clever enough to keep a great returner such as Murray at bay.
    Originally posted by klacr View Post
    Stepanek: 5 career singles titles, Highest singles ranking of #8 in the world, 2 grand slams in Doubles. Over $10 million in career prize money. Great career for a journeyman. Love watching him play. Breath of fresh air. Especially with the contrast of Murray's game.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton
    Originally posted by stroke View Post
    I agree, Stepanek has had a great career. Great transition game, hands, volley skills.
    Originally posted by don_budge
    "If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong." -- Unknown
    Andy Murray had his hands full with Radek Stepanek…currently ranked #148 in the world…could not serve out the set against Rafael Nadal at 5-3. He's probably looking at a first set tie-breaker.

Was there something wrong with saying that Radek is a journeyman doubles player at this point in his career? He is currently ranked #34 in doubles.

The idiot commentatoes are gushing about what a great set of tennis it was from Nadal and Murray. A couple of moron Brit's. Real simpleton crap. Lovely Annabelle there to save the day…easier on the eyes. Even Peter Fleming is unable to bring any sort of credibility to the commentary. Commentatoeary.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Please Murray…Serve it out

Andy to try and serve out the match. Please hurray Murray…this tennis is putting me to sleep.
      don_budge

Comment

No such Luck...

Murray squandered a match point…Nadal breaks. The second time in this match that Murray failed to serve out a set.

Now the moronic Brit…Stotty's least favorite…Mark Jerk is going blah, blah, blah. Fleming chiming in. He's being paid to be part of the chatter.
        don_budge

Comment

Finally…Thank You Lord

It's over. Nadal…35 unforced errors. Murray…30 unforced errors. The commentatoes are all on script…gushing over the great tennis that we have been watching. Maybe I was watching a different match.
          don_budge

Comment

Nothing wrong with saying Stepanek is a journeyman at this point. But looking at career stats, He's was no slouch. So far, he's the only guy to take a set off Murray. Maybe that says something?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton

Comment

Novak Djokovic versus Andy Murray…The Finals of the 2016 Mutua Madrid Open

Originally posted by klacr View Post
              Nothing wrong with saying Stepanek is a journeyman at this point. But looking at career stats, He's was no slouch. So far, he's the only guy to take a set off Murray. Maybe that says something?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton
              Great…that's exactly what I said. At this point. It certainly does say something…care to hazard a guess as to what that is? I didn't think so. What it says that the game is at a real culmination point and the existential question is at hand. What is tennis going to do post Roger Federer? Ok? Radek was a GREAT player…or he was no slouch. The point is he is the one player that made a watchable match.

Here is Kei Nishikori and Novak Djokovic grunting and slugging it out. Here are the highlights. To watch the entire match is asking too much. I know…I watched the first set. Well not all of it. I went out in the yard and took about a hundred swings with my pitching wedge…and my golf swing training club. See…in that way I didn't waste my time. Which is valuable.

Djokovic get up 5-3 then plays it soft and cute. He gives the fans a tie-breaker. Something to keep them coming back for more. He's doing his part. Like Jake Lamotta holding up his opponent after he "accidentally" tags him and he is supposed to be taking a fall.

Here's another one for you. It's none other than Andy Murray and Fafa Nadal. The commentatoes are gushing, oohing and ahhing about the play in this match. Trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear…or something to that effect. Murray looks like a tank. They both play like tanks. Maybe it's because of their bazooka racquets. Whatever happened to silky smooth? Their grunting and exaggerated effort is nauseating. Uunnngghhh!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

So here comes Andy versus Novak…again. Novak Djokovic has won 12 out of the last 14 matches. Will somebody tell him it is time to take a dive…for the good of the game? How long will people watch this stuff? Answer…nobody is watching. All of the tennis afficianado's here on this forum have better stuff to do and they are the most passionate tennis people in the business. Wouldn't they naturally be the most interested in watching what is going on in the professional game. Or what?

Culmination Point Post Roger Federer coming soon to a theatre near you.
              Last edited by don_budge; 05-07-2016, 11:52 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
              don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
                So here comes Andy versus Novak…again. Novak Djokovic has won 12 out of the last 14 matches. Will somebody tell him it is time to take a dive…for the good of the game? How long will people watch this stuff? Answer…nobody is watching. All of the tennis afficianado's here on this forum have better stuff to do and they are the most passionate tennis people in the business.
                Correct. I am not shifting or rearranging any of my day's work to watch this one. Murray and Djokovic doesn't do anything for me.

See you in the Rome thread....
                Stotty

Comment

Novak vs. Andy. Finals.

Djokovic...finishing points at net. Now I'm interested. Total domination by Djokovic in 1st set.

Murray raising his game up 4-1 in second set

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2414 users online. 3 members and 2411 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X