Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Half Volley

Let's get your thoughts on Paul Fein's article "The Half Volley"

Love Love Love this article! It's a necessary evil and a nuance of the attacking game. Absolutely glorious when executed properly. One of the keys is to stay calm and not panic.

Props to Mr. Fein for writing an entire article about it.

One player that was omitted in this article that I felt possessed some exquisite half volleys...Rick Leach.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

The half volley...

The crucial thing for me about the half volley is that a player must have a very good sense of where the ball is because many times you are picking up balls you cannot truly see onto the racket.

Picking up balls off you boot laces was common in doubles play and something worth getting good at. I find the best half volleyers have great hands too...Nastase, McEnroe and Mecir spring to mind.

I cannot think of any good half volleyers today, but then players seldom play have to play one.
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
        The crucial thing for me about the half volley is that a player must have a very good sense of where the ball is because many times you are picking up balls you cannot truly see onto the racket.

Picking up balls off you boot laces was common in doubles play and something worth getting good at. I find the best half volleyers have great hands too...Nastase, McEnroe and Mecir spring to mind.

I cannot think of any good half volleyers today, but then players seldom play have to play one.
        Yandell once wrote here someone who doesn't know any better will come along and learn to take balls consistently at the laces.
        Last edited by hockeyscout; 05-06-2016, 02:50 PM.

Comment

With swinging topspin!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8027 users online. 5 members and 8022 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X