The return of the stop ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of the stop ball?

Does it only seem to me, or are players hitting a lot more stop balls (and pretty good ones at that) lately?

By stop ball you mean?? Guess that's how far away it went...

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      By stop ball you mean?? Guess that's how far away it went...
      Sorry, I meant drop shot. Stop ball is German! Yikes! (Comes from speaking English, German, Italian, French and some Spanish!)

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
        Sorry, I meant drop shot. Stop ball is German! Yikes! (Comes from speaking English, German, Italian, French and some Spanish!)
        Thanks for clearing that one up.

Yes the drop is certainly more prevalent. Many players play it well. I think the bigger rackets make the shot easier than in the past. Everyone seems to play forehand drop shots with the same technique as a volley, keeping the arm fairly stiff and using the upper arm. I have to say some of Nadal's drop shots in his matches in Rome were superb, as were many of Murray's. I always think Djokovic should use them more sparingly, or not at all on some days, as his feel is less reliable than Federer's, Nadal's or Murray's. I think it's a weakness of Djokovic not to realise this.

I always found forehand drop shots more difficult to execute tha backhand drop shots. I have more feel on the backhand wing than the forehand for some reason.
        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
          Halt ball?

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
          Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8204 users online. 8 members and 8196 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X