Video Camera...revolution coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Camera...revolution coming

I was at a wedding on Saturday and was somewhat shocked to find a peculiar thing buzzing around in the air above me. Turns out it was a camera taking photos....a drone.

Take a look at what is to come in the world of sport very soon. This little guy will be hovering over your backhand or forehand and following your every movement wherever you go.

Stotty

Yep. The problem is can you a high speed one up there... go pro yes but no shutter...

Comment

Many big tournaments have a "spider" cam. It's a contraption they use in the NFL as well. It's not a drone but instead attached to several cables and pulleys that allow it a 360 view of the field and the players. They can hook up a pretty big camera to it that has the capabilities to do it all. It does not have the freedom of a drone but it has the technology for the high speed.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
        I was at a wedding on Saturday and was somewhat shocked to find a peculiar thing buzzing around in the air above me. Turns out it was a camera taking photos....a drone.

Take a look at what is to come in the world of sport very soon. This little guy will be hovering over your backhand or forehand and following your every movement wherever you go.

https://www.lily.camera
        A better use for them than the current one. I know there's still knowledge over there of the buzzbombs in WWII.

Comment

You can see them using drones as ball boys in the next ten years...maybe fetching towels as well. I can see their uses expanding ten-fold.
          Stotty

Comment

Let's hope not. I am hoping for a tipping point and a huge backlash against an app and camera and a drone for every life activity.

Comment

You can see them using drones as ball boys in the next ten years...maybe fetching towels as well. I can see their uses expanding ten-fold.
              They will even be replacing the players... Apple vs Samsung

Comment

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
                My money would be on Apple...
                Stotty

Comment

My money would be on Apple...
                  Let's hope not. When you put the phone, app, drone, selfie stick away and look around you it's a beautiful world and you can enjoy the moment.

I remember as a kid growing up and working in my Father's restaurants looking around the dining room and seeing people not only engaged with each other, but truly enjoying their food. Food that was produced and/or sourced by nature and human hands and was appreciated by the diner, because all the diner had was their sight, smell and taste. No tweeting, instagramming or apps to show everyone else what was happening. They were in the moment in loving it. Today, phones are out recording every bite and every new dish and analyzing each pretentious component and sending it to all your friends.

I recently took a trip out west and had some of the best meals of my life. Sure the food was great, and the company was even better, but it was also key that phones were not used to record the moment, just our senses. It was powerful, memorable and intoxicating without any alcohol. At least for me. A great time was had by all, not because I told everyone in the world what I was doing in that moment, but because a few select people in the world shared it with me, and thats all any of us really need. Quality people sharing a moment, powerful stuff.

Oh, and damn good lamb!

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                  Boca Raton
                  Last edited by klacr; 06-14-2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Well said...

But to me a phone is just a phone and it will never be anything more no matter how fancy it is made.

But drones....it's becoming clear there uses are going to be far more wide reaching than I first thought. Already they have been used in conjunction with satellites to discover ancient, buried cities in Petra and Cambodia. Drones are going to be the key collectors of information, information about useful things, but also information about us. Think of them as spies. If a drone catches you dropping litter on the pavement, you will get an on the spot fine. Think of the possibilities of thousands, millions of these things hovering around in the sky, taking snap shots. Doesn't look good to Stotty.
                    Stotty

Comment

Well said...

But to me a phone is just a phone and it will never be anything more no matter how fancy it is made.

But drones....it's becoming clear there uses are going to be far more wide reaching than I first thought. Already they have been used in conjunction with satellites to discover ancient, buried cities in Petra and Cambodia. Drones are going to be the key collectors of information, information about useful things, but also information about us. Think of them as spies. If a drone catches you dropping litter on the pavement, you will get an on the spot fine. Think of the possibilities of thousands, millions of these things hovering around in the sky, taking snap shots. Doesn't look good to Stotty.
                      And so just think of the possibilities of all the people that will try to shoot them down. Drone hunting.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                      Boca Raton

Comment

Originally posted by klacr View Post
                        And so just think of the possibilities of all the people that will try to shoot them down. Drone hunting.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                        Boca Raton
                        Yes I was thinking of that. The drone, of course, will take a snapshot of the gunman and spirit it off to HQ before it is obliterated. Prison for the gunman one feels...
                        Stotty

Comment

I saw a guy at the club having himself filmed by a drone overhead. I'll take a video camera on a tripod any day.

Comment

I saw a guy at the club having himself filmed by a drone overhead. I'll take a video camera on a tripod any day.
                            I have to believe we are going to start seeing a lot more of the rare overhead view of play and, in particular, of the serve. I can think of one way in which it would be truly useful. The overhead shot would show how little the player's head moves forward during the forward swing on a groundstroke even if they are jumping and leaving the ground. Or it will shut me up!

I'd love to see the service motion from directly overhead, a shot we usually only get if they have a spider cam or it's a big indoor arena with cameras overhead. I'd also like to see more of the shots from overhead showing how much players are moving into their volleys and how much the racket is actually traveling on a "punch" volley and how much is coming from shoulder rotation.

If...

don

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9220 users online. 10 members and 9210 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X