Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Aegon Championships...ATP 500...London, Great Britain (EU for now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Aegon Championships...ATP 500...London, Great Britain (EU for now)

Great Britain is still in the EU for now but will they be after next week. Who will be counting the votes? Leave or Remain? Probably Remain.

But this tournament is deserving of its own thread even though Roger Federer is not in it. Anything of interest here? There was a little blip about Nick "The Jerk" Kyrgios and Milos Raonic in the "other" thread. Andy Murray taking center stage in his own country...Scotland is still part of Great Britain isn't it? Is England swirling in political controversy or is it just me?

Here's the draw at any rate...

Official singles, doubles and qualifying draw from the tournament archive in men's professional tennis on the ATP Tour.

Donald Young and Steve Johnson are Yanks...still alive. Grigor Dimitrov first round loser to Janko Tipsarevic...my how the Bulgarian Playboy's stock has fallen. But so has his girlfriend's. What a shame...
    Last edited by don_budge; 06-17-2016, 12:02 AM.
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
    Great Britain is still in the EU for now but will they be after next week. Who will be counting the votes? Leave or Remain? Probably Remain.
    It's going to be tight. The decision is huge...colossal. Vote one way and nothing changes...what was all the fuss about. Vote the other way and everything changes...and no one knows what the true outcome of Brexit will be.

The core question for the man on the street is can the leaders of our country control immigration. The answer is probably no. As a country we offer the best welfare system in the world, so they will keep on coming, and coming, and coming. Everyone likes a free lunch.

In my heart I am pro European. My wife is Italian. My sisters are also married to foreigners and live abroad. My children are half Italian. But my head says the country's public services are close to breaking point, bulging at the seams. Another ten years and we could be a nation of 90 million at this rate. Australia is a continent and yet virtually empty of people. It doesn't make sense.

It's a tough call. Everyone is confused and looking for political leaders to guide them. But the political leaders cannot agree amongst themselves and have been fighting each other for months. May as well flip a coin...

Last edited by stotty; 06-17-2016, 02:58 AM.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post

It's a tough call. Everyone is confused and looking for political leaders to guide them. But the political leaders cannot agree amongst themselves and have been fighting each other for months. May as well flip a coin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQJVKP3YlM
      Politicians won't guide them. A Statesman will.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
      Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8004 users online. 2 members and 8002 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X