Roger Federer's 2016 Wimbledon Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Federer's 2016 Wimbledon Campaign

"I guess that comes through movement and through just playing enough again," he said. "And I think if the movement gets better and then the baseline game improves a little bit, I’ll be better on the big points, on the return."

"But, you know, I’m OK and I’m pleased on how I played." “Now we’ve got enough time before Wimbledon to get ready for that."

"I got some work to do.” “The other guys are doing their job well. So, I just have to take the right decisions from now to the start of Wimbledon. And once the tournament gets going, I play the way that I want to play—positive, aggressive, mindset. Play the points my way and just be super consistent, make the opponent feel uncomfortable."
    Stotty

One more week Stotty!

The green green grass of Wimbledon. The best tennis tournament there is.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

The last tournament played in white!

Comment

A lovely, balanced article about Roger Federer.

Stotty

Comment

Djokovic is beatable: Federer

17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer concurs that although World No. 1 Novak Djokovic is the man to beat, the Serb is absolutely vincible.

To support his argument, the Swiss stated that fact that he pulled off three wins against Djokovic in the eight matches they played against each other in 2015 alone.

“Yes, Djokovic 100 percent deserves to be where he is. But, he’s absolutely beatable. I beat him last year three times.”

“If there’s one tournament I’d like to win again is Wimbledon,” he said. “I won the juniors there in 1998, my first Slam (2002); I won all these unbelievable matches there.

“Wimbledon is the holy grail.”
          Stotty

Comment

The Holy Grail or not, it is probably by far Fed's best chance to win one more.

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
              17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer concurs that although World No. 1 Novak Djokovic is the man to beat, the Serb is absolutely vincible.

To support his argument, the Swiss stated that fact that he pulled off three wins against Djokovic in the eight matches they played against each other in 2015 alone.

“Yes, Djokovic 100 percent deserves to be where he is. But, he’s absolutely beatable. I beat him last year three times.”

“If there’s one tournament I’d like to win again is Wimbledon,” he said. “I won the juniors there in 1998, my first Slam (2002); I won all these unbelievable matches there.

“Wimbledon is the holy grail.”
              Federer won his first Wimbledon in 2003. Not 2002.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
              Boca Raton

Comment

A rest is as good as a......

“I think this is a huge boost for me after pulling out of Paris, that I’m back here at my favorite tournament,” Federer said. “With all the success I’ve had here, this is the motivation I need right now to get back on the big courts, play good matches, enjoy Wimbledon.

“I love this tournament more than anything. It’s a huge opportunity for me to maybe turn around the season. Who knows?”
                Stotty

Comment

“It’s really important for your mind to know, then you also feel you can manage the five-setters. All of a sudden you’re coming into Wimbledon with more confidence, more understanding where you’re at. Clearly I’m not thinking of the title right away. Novak and Andy are the big favourites in my opinion, the ones to beat. But if I can get myself into those positions – meaning the second week – the whole thing starts rolling then hopefully.”
                  Stotty

Comment

Much as I like Federer, I don't rate his chance of winning very high...

Comment

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/tenn...imbledon-title

Federer’s critics, of course, would say it has been in motion for some time now. The Swiss, who will be celebrating his 35th birthday this August, has not won a major since his 2012 Wimbledon triumph and, given his advancing age and the domination of Djokovic, not many would give him a chance of winning grand slam No 18.

Yet, Federer refuses to quit. He goes on and retirement, it seems, is not even on the horizon for the Swiss is already working on the design of his outfit for the 2018 US Open.

“I’ve heard retirement [talk] since 2009 when I won the French Open and people were like, well, what else are you playing for?" Federer said in his The Guardian interview. “I’m like, what’s wrong with you people? Don’t you understand that playing tennis is great fun?

“I don’t need to win three slams a year to be content. If the body doesn’t want to do it, if the mind doesn’t want to do it, if my wife doesn’t want me to do it, if my kids don’t like it, I’ll stop tomorrow. Zero problem.

“But I love tennis in such a big way that I don’t care if I don’t win so much anymore. For me that is irrelevant."
                      Roger loves tennis, he should play as long as his body allows it and he is enjoying it. Let the armchair athletes keep quiet about his retiring!

Comment

Roger has cancelled a few of his pre-Wimbledon practice sessions at short notice. He has also been filmed getting gingerly up from a court side chair. The rumour is that Roger is not quite 100% out of the woods with his back problems. I felt he wasn't moving that well at Stuttgart and Halle; don_budge picked up on that too.

Let's hope things hold up....
                        Stotty

Comment

Shaky start against Pella, but pulled through. Only a few glimpses of Roger... But hope he gets better by next round.

Comment

Fed plays the 772nd ranked player. If Fed cannot deliver a great performance and get a confidence boost from this, he is in trouble.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
                            Boca Raton

Comment

Fed unites all of tennisplayer.net

I hope he does well. He's got to play better though if he wants #18.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8433 users online. 4 members and 8429 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X