Killer forehand part two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer forehand part two

Has anyone else noticed in one of the video clips on the killer forehand part two, the one with the player hitting from a closed stance that there is a coaching aid between his racket and his arm to establish a stronger leverage shape in the hitting arm?

Does anyone use something similar to this and does it work?

Sharp eyes! I have no idea. Maybe Pat D will chime in. He filmed it.

Comment

Remember that one exercise about pulling the racquet head out of your partner's hands without it hitting either hand. This aid seems to reinforce the idea presented in that exercise. Seems to me it helps you achieve that slotting position through contact. That slotting position, in Nick B's eyes, is the hitting arm position.

Comment

The Leverage Band

Much like the subtle seeding of the prototype of the A.P. Belt that I introduced in that tape, the other product I introduced was the leverage band, which is what you are referring to. It is a very effective way to teach and train the relationship of leverage between the forearm and hand. While it does resist allowing wrist snap to occur helping you maintain a 90 degree angle at the wrist, it will allow you to produce forearm rotation which is what generates topspin and heavy balls. Great for groundies and volleys. I do sell the leverage bands but don't promote them at all on apbelt.com. I guess I should but few people know what they are. Let me know if you want one by emailing me at pdougherty@apbelt.com. I'll set you up with a link to buy. They are $15 plus shipping. Thanks
        Last edited by patdougherty; 11-28-2005, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by patdougherty
          Much like the subtle seeding of the prototype of the A.P. Belt that I introduced in that tape, the other product I introduced was the leverage band, which is what you are referring to. It is a very effective way to teach and train the relationship of leverage between the forearm and hand. While it does resist allowing wrist snap to occur helping you maintain a 90 degree angle at the wrist, it will allow you to produce forearm rotation which is what generates topspin and heavy balls. Great for groundies and volleys. I do sell the leverage bands but don't promote them at all on apbelt.com. I guess I should but few people know what they are. Let me know if you want one by emailing me at pdougherty@apbelt.com. I'll set you up with a link to buy. They are $15 plus shipping. Thanks
          Hey Pat, what is this you are talking about? Is this the 90 degree angle you refer to in the Backhand video? I think this is something I would like to see. Where can I see it? Can I order one? Is this something to use for twohanders? I would think not as you would need it for the tophand.

Is this something I can promote on TW?

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3016 users online. 9 members and 3007 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X