Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Affirmations

Hi everybody !

Thanks to John, I'm checking out the site. Looks highly informative so far.

Thought I'd share something with you guys and ask if anyone else has done it.

Over a period this summer I brought my vid camera to practice and eventually came out with 5 good clips. Forehand, Backhand, Serve, Volley and one of me being really calm and positive.

The point is I chose these particular clips because of their correct technical appearance.

My aim was to create a little montage that I could view before a match, thus reinforcing my positivity and belief in my ability.

With the jigs and the reels (Irish saying!) I didn’t get around to utilizing it till the last tournament of the season, which I won easily!

The procedure for me was, prepare as normal, but about 15 mins before the match I would jog out to the car. Boot up the laptop and view the montage, again and again.

I hope to broaden the scope of the montage for next season, but will keep it short and to the point.

Has anyone else done something similar?? If so how did you find the results??

Thanks in advance, and thanks again John.

PJ in Ireland

Sounds interesting PJ. I work a lot with a video camera when I want to correct a stroke. I worked on my server this summer intensively using the video camera. I would hit a dozen serves, look at the video, correct, film, correct, etc. I found this a lot better than to just film and look at the results after the training session. Much more intensive.

John wrote a book on visual tennis, and I also feel that the visual part is very important to learning. Your approach also sounds interesting.

Comment

Hell yes. Sounds great, very powerful, positive, affirming all that stuff! You could do the same with pro shots. You can drop anything you shoot into QuickTime Pro and sequence them.

Comment

Yep I have a copy of visual tennis, thanks to Amazon.

Tennis books unavailable in the shops over here....

The main reason I did this project, is cause I've spent the last 3 years removing the Zorro from my game.

I was a swashbuckler alright...an easily beaten one !!

But seriously, visual tennis is the only way to go.

Monkey see, Monkey do, and all that....

PJ

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8810 users online. 2 members and 8808 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X