Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some drills or games for 4 to 6 years old ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some drills or games for 4 to 6 years old ??

HI bungalo bill,
    glad to see you here in this forum.

I am now working in a coaching camp where there are kids coming to play and their ages are from 3 to 6 years. So what do u suggest, what are the types of games or drills that i should do with them. once it happened that two sisters were there one could play a little better than the other and so i didnt know how to handle both of them at once. and i was also confused what should i do with them. i made them to throw a few balls and hit the ball, which i rolled on the ground, with a racket. but they were just unable to understand what i wanted them to do and they couldnt do it for a long time and they were just going on and doing wat they wanted. since their mom was sitting and watching them play . i was just thinking that what should i do that makes her satisfied that her children have learned something.

One more thing , there is a beginner lady who has never been into sports and when i told her to throw a few balls , she was just unable to throw them .i mean she was only using her wrists and that was , what was happening in her strokes also. what do you think i should tell her.

bye,
    faraz

Originally posted by visit_faraz
    HI bungalo bill,
    glad to see you here in this forum.

I am now working in a coaching camp where there are kids coming to play and their ages are from 3 to 6 years. So what do u suggest, what are the types of games or drills that i should do with them. once it happened that two sisters were there one could play a little better than the other and so i didnt know how to handle both of them at once. and i was also confused what should i do with them.
    To be honest with you, the only "kids" I have taught are my kids. I am not much a of a "kids" coach! lol I prefer to work with the 3.5's to 5.0's in game improvement. That is what I specialize in and what I continue to work on. I also prefer to work with adults. My training tends to be a bit more serious and works well with players that are serious to improve.

But I do see my fellow coaches do games like King of the Court, PIG, Round the World, and other games. For three year olds, I would just teach the absolute basics. Get them in the right grip, drop a ball, have them hit it. Make sure you do break the stroke up in three steps. I usually have the "pat the head of the dog position", contact position, followthrough position.

i made them to throw a few balls and hit the ball, which i rolled on the ground, with a racket. but they were just unable to understand what i wanted them to do and they couldnt do it for a long time and they were just going on and doing wat they wanted. since their mom was sitting and watching them play . i was just thinking that what should i do that makes her satisfied that her children have learned something.
    Get them in a line facing you along the baseline. You should be in either corner of the baseline/sideline. Have them trot or walk toward you, stop, then you drop the ball, and they swing! It really shouldnt be hard.

One more thing , there is a beginner lady who has never been into sports and when i told her to throw a few balls , she was just unable to throw them .i mean she was only using her wrists and that was , what was happening in her strokes also. what do you think i should tell her.

bye,
    faraz
    Fix the wrist position (laid back), slow the feed to dropped balls, then have her swing her arm from the shoulder while relaxing into the swing.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8147 users online. 2 members and 8145 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X