Music hellp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music hellp

My kids are starting to practice with music playing. Sadly they are to young to know what to play and I am inept in this area. Can anybody give me a number of suggestion for music on the court for practice. Any theory as to what is helpful. My kids are pretty open to listening to all types. Thanks for the help.

Joe Fischer

They have to like it, or you do. I haven't found any hip hop that works at least what I hear from my high school students. We go by a sort of informal mutual veto approach--they suggest, I suggest, eventually we find something we all like.

Comment

music help

I know this style is not "fashionable" these days, but music with a 3/4 time signature (1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3) which would be typical of a waltz, seems to fit the best to the natural movement rhythms on the tennis court.
      Last edited by pianotennisman; 09-28-2006, 09:10 AM. Reason: the 1-2-3 didn't post the way I typed it

Comment

A suggestion

Find a style of music they like. Associate specific shots with specific instruments, or with specific beats. Then, have the players play the shots of the song. There are no wrong answers in this one, only the creative interpretation of the game, using music as your developmental template. I have a great video of one of my students playing the 1812 overture using different paces of shots to match the rhythms of the music. It's brilliant and made a great gift to relatives during the holidays.

CC

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8568 users online. 6 members and 8562 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X