Ginacarlo Andreani Two-Handed Backhand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginacarlo Andreani Two-Handed Backhand

Just wanted to say thanks for Ginacarlo for submitting his video and for the people running this site for analying it because I learned something from it that was a great help to my forehand. About a month ago I noticed that my forehand was getting unpredictable and often sailing long under pressure. I tinkered with a lot of asspects of it with little positive results. After reading this article last week, however, I decided to see if I might be doing to my forehand what Ginacarlo was doing to his backhand: rotating my torso too soon. When I started making an effort during a ball machine work out to keep my shoulders from turning too soon by over-compensating and making sure my shoulders never turned parallel to the net, I noticed an immediate improvement in a number of asspects of my game. I was able to watch the ball better, my timing improved, and I became significantly better at keeping the ball in play when hitting a forehand down the line.

You just never know when you're going to come across the tennis tip that will really work for you. Try out a lot of them, is my attitude, and see what works.

Anybody else tested themselves to see if they were opening up their shoulders too soon? I'm wondering if they noticed immediate improvements as well. Worth looking into.

Good article.

Jim

Excellent! You can't ever tell what it is that is going to trigger the change--two handed backhand to improve the forehand. I like it.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3636 users online. 11 members and 3625 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X