No announcement yet.

My forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think it is much more "natural" if that isn't a contradiction to make sure you set it up. It's too critical to allow it to just happen since most players struggle with it. This is again one of those issues where people debate intricacies of the top players strokes that may not really be applicable.

Personally that is one reason why I prefer to teach very compact backswings. I'm not sure that there is any advantage to trying to just let that happen because it appears that this is what the two best players in the world do. If the wrist isn't rigidly tense and in the right position that's the goal. 0-2 on the players you asked about. Although if I knew Andreev was gonna beat Roddick I would have filmed him. It's always interesting to look at new players. But the fundamentals are there in thousands and thousands of clips on the site. We are going to put up Kiefer in April. He's a way better model than Andreev for most things--except maybe the toss height.

Comment

The two best players in the world as in federer and nadal? I always thought that from the slow motion clips that their wrists were relatively loose and so loose to the point where it's laid back by accleration of the swing going forwards. At least that's what was posted by BB in TT. :-D

Comment

Thanks John!

Originally posted by johnyandell
        If the wrist isn't rigidly tense and in the right position that's the goal.
        I'm not sure how to interpret this. I assume you mean the wrist should only be as tense as it needs to be to preserve the laid back position?

But the fundamentals are there in thousands and thousands of clips on the site.
        Agreed. I just wanted to take a look at their forehands out of curiosity. No big deal.

Comment

Keifer

We are going to put up Kiefer in April. He's a way better model than Andreev for most things--except maybe the toss height.
          And his sportsmanship. . . :-)

Kevin B

Comment

I agree with BB that this probably just tends to happen for the top players but we don't really know that because Nadal has yet to write his first article on the topic--and that most players are too tense. But do you really want to leave that to chance just because Roger Federer may do it without trying??

Vin: So right, just find the position and try to stay relaxed as you swing forward.
            Last edited by johnyandell; 03-16-2006, 02:38 PM.

Comment

As for Kiefer and sportsmanship well yeah he probably is crazy, milding obsessive complusive and a few other things we don't understand yet...

But I really love his balance and his effortless swings...

Comment

Kiefer reminds me of a bull dog. He even looks like one.

Comment

But moves like a graceful one...

Comment

The guy definitely trains hard. He's reported to train with some of the German Bundesliga teams during the off-season. I agree, John, he does move great.

His sportsmanship and ball toss do need work.

Comment

No no, don't get me wrong, I 100% agree that he's a great player, I'm just saying things about him not as a player. :-D

Comment

I got it and yes he probably goes in a straight line and doesn't stop until he gets what he wants.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3405 users online. 13 members and 3392 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X