Nasdaq 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasdaq 100

Heading down tonight to the NASDAQ 100 in Key Biscayne for a few days. Looking forward to seeing how the line call challenges work out.

I'm sure James Blake will seek me out to help him control his emotions and not overhit next time against Roger. . .

Hadn't realized that there is also scuba diving in Biscayne Bay. Gonna do some of that, too.

Kevin B

That is a great tournament to go see. I have been the last 4 or 5 years for 2 or 3 days. This year, I am going to be there Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Jonathan F
    Last edited by stroke; 03-21-2006, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Cool. Have fun. Anybody taking a laptop and will be posting reports?

Comment

Nasdaq 100

Fell in love with a couple of "Maria's" at the practice courts. Now I see that another pretty cute Maria has taken them both out of the tournament.

Still transferring photos from the laptop to home computers, but I think I might have some interesting ones to share. I found the Italian Ms. Camerin to be particularly photogenic.

Kevin B
        Last edited by mntlblok; 03-28-2006, 07:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

lol, they probably look even better in person eh

Comment

Photos

Originally posted by shootermcmarc0
            lol, they probably look even better in person eh
            I should probably run some of the photos by Mr. Yandell before posting them.

Kevin B
            Last edited by mntlblok; 03-28-2006, 07:36 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Nasdaq photos

I have a lot of photos taken last weekend at the Nasdaq 100 Open. I want to share these photos with all Tennisplayer's members.

How can I post these photos in this forum?

Comment

Flickr

Originally posted by jlkm2219
                I have a lot of photos taken last weekend at the Nasdaq 100 Open. I want to share these photos with all Tennisplayer's members.

How can I post these photos in this forum?
                I also did some underwater photography while down in Florida and it was suggested by some of the other divers that I check out something like "Flickr" - a free website for posting ones photos. I tried it out and it was very handy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/76042652@N00/

I've loaded the dive photos already, and plan to get around to some of the tennis shots soon.

Kevin B

Comment

Originally posted by mntlblok
                  I've loaded the dive photos already, and plan to get around to some of the tennis shots soon.

Kevin B

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76042652@N00/sets/ I think that link will get to some Maria Elena Camerin photos. A hard worker with some attitude.

Kevin B

Comment

Those kinds of shots always make the women look like the incredible hulk. Nadal aint got nothin on her

Comment

I'm not sure those shots form Nasdaq have a lot to do with tennis, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find them visually appealing.

Comment

Tommy Haas slice grip

Originally posted by johnyandell
                        I'm not sure those shots from Nasdaq have a lot to do with tennis

Guilty as charged. So, how about these of Tommy Haas from Delray Beach. It sure looks to me like he uses an eastern forehand grip for backhand slices and volleys.

It also looks to me like he uses almost a continental grip on his topspin backhand. Having a little trouble uploading those shots, but hope to get er done tomorrow.

From the high speed videos, it also looks like the start of the backswing for both his topspin and slice backhands is almost identical - except for switching to that eastern forehand grip for the slices. Looks like that could make for some good disquise for droppers.

Kevin B

Comment

Kevin

You need to improve your understanding of the grips. Your a little better on the backswing thing.

John

Comment

Further embarrassment

Originally posted by johnyandell
                            Kevin

You need to improve your understanding of the grips.
                            John
                            Just to further cement my lack of understanding , here're some photos of Tommy's topspin backhand. Looks pretty close to continental to me.

Always looking for improvement.

Kevin

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2680 users online. 6 members and 2674 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X