April Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Issue

In a show of respect for April's Fool's Day, we will publish the New Issue of Tennisplayer on Monday April 3!!

Hang in there and I don't think it'll disappoint you!

REKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

John, I'm pissed, pretty much the entire state of Washington is not getting the nasdaq final tomorrow

Comment

What a bummer. Watching it now. Why??

Comment

April issue

Excuses,Excuses
        Last edited by wicky10s; 04-02-2006, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell
          What a bummer. Watching it now. Why??
          Because they choose to show lousy informercials instead

Will this coming issue feature an article on Fed's serve?

Comment

Yeah but it's a good excuse. That plus daylight savings time, plus the 10 days we spent on the road in Indian Wells. The annoying thing is having to sleep 6 hours a day...holds up the new issue.

And yes the Federer serve article is coming. CBS is showing infomercials....? How odd on Sunday morning at 9am.

Comment

Yeah, the Tennis-X newsletter mentioned that Seattle missed out on both finals. Pretty lame! They were both good matches too.

Comment

Update: Sitting at the car dealership working on the Federer article as we speak...going home to watch the Fed final (again) on Tivo and finish up god willing later today.

Comment

Dammit, if only tivo had the ability to send and receive recordings My tivo is sitting there with fed matches from the PLO and nasdaq, but no nasdaq final

Comment

May issue

When is going the May issue to be published? I'm eager for more tennisplayer.

Comment

Later tonight God willing.

Comment

May Issue

I'm in heaven. Great stuff. Just finished part two of the Federer serve. Great insights. I was especially pleased to see that they all match up with my own way of thinking about what happens in the service motion.

Kevin B

Comment

Pancho Gonzalez articles

Enjoyed Ed Atkinson's article on Pancho Gonzalez, and especially enjoyed re-reading Dr. Fox's article on the man. Coincidentally, I also got to see a "behind-the-scenes" show about Pancho on the Tennis Channel recently that covered the time of the 1967 Las Vegas tournament mentioned in the articles.

While Pancho did come across as a bit gruff, I got *no* sense of a McEnroe or Connors type character. I came away with a sense of total respect for the guy, and could certainly see why Dr. Fox thought so much of him.

It was also fun to read Dr. Fox's description of Pancho's serve right after reading Nick B's article on the service return and the value of mixing up spins, pace, and placement.

Speaking of Nick and the Tennis Channel (which I've only just started receiving), I had never had significant exposure to Nick and was a bit skeptical of his reputation. After watching several of his segments on the Tennis Channel, he's now *way* up high on my list of tennis gurus. I just love smart people, and he sure is one of em.

Kevin B

Comment

McEnroe actually told me that Gonzales made a big impression on him when he saw him play a few times when John was very young.

"When he came on the court, you just knew that something was just really, really wrong..." was the way he put it... (And that seemed like a good thing to John).

So Pancho mellowed. He had a lot to overcome in his life. That serve is pretty damn fluid. Would like to have seen it with the modern footwork

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8129 users online. 5 members and 8124 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X