Paul Goldstein's Serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Goldstein's Serve

Bravo John, great analysis! I learned a lot about my serve from reading how you worked with Paul. I just tried swinging my raquet in the pendulum and felt the immediate difference of a better raquet drop. I have learned so much about my game [and I think have made nice improvements] in the year I have subscribed. I will continue to sing your praises to my opponents and friends on the tennis court.
    tennisman1

It is working for me, my racket drop is improving. I find that the swinging of the racket and attempting the full backswing causes you to be a lot more relaxed, which aids the racket drop. Thanks John.

Comment

Awesome. It's been an insight coming from practice not theory--because fashionable advanced theory likes the abbreviated style. You guys are to be commended for experimenting for yourself and trusting what you feel (and in Phil's case actually see!)

Comment

Works also for me, I finally found the racquet drop I was looking for, my serve is much more reliable in terms of net clearance, spins, locations. I need to work a bit on the speed but I want to keep the movement smooth and not muscle the ball. By the way I watched Goldstein in San Jose, he lost a bit the drop you hepled him to acquire but I think it takes time before you can get consistency in competitive matches. Funny to see a top 100 doing the pendulum exercise in your article, and congrats to Goldstein to be ready to go back to basics after so many years of play.
        Thanks John

Comment

Yeah it is definitely underrated. You'd have a hard time telling what the drop really is with the naked eye--if you could I'm sure it would have been more apparent to coaches over the years. I filmed Paul in Las Vegas and Indain Wells the drop is probably about 90% consolidated.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3122 users online. 9 members and 3113 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X