Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federer Serve, latest issue

John,

I really enjoyed your piece on the Fed serve. I think if any one component is indicative of the serve potential of tennis player, it is the amount of external rotation a player gets. You pointed out in your article Fed does not get his forearm past parallel, as do Roddick and Sampras, even though he is of course a very effective server. If we were to look at all the top tier servers, such as Roddick, Arthurs, Goran, Tanner, and probably even Ljubicic, we would probably see this past parallel forearm position on all of them. We know this is the case with Roddick, you made a point of it in your article. His is probably the most extreme forearm past parallel drop there is. I also really like your real world analysis of how some us "mere mortals" may hope to improve our own serves. You also mentioned in your piece that you have not seen another player, other than Roddick, be able to implement his super abbreviated motion with close to same results. I mentioned this before to you, I would still like you to take a look at Gael Monfils serve sometime, he may be the one. I would also be interested in your take on the Ljubicic serve.
    Last edited by stroke; 04-06-2006, 12:27 PM.

Haven't had a chance to look at either of those two guys. But if I do film them in high speed that'll be one point to look at for sure.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3003 users online. 10 members and 2993 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X