the reverse forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the reverse forehand

Your site is very good. It certainly helps me to understanding what I am actually doing and should do when I swing the racket.
    My forehand starts with trunk rotation and ends with the racket on the other side. It only ends with the racket over my head when I am jammed by deep shorts or need to return very wide balls.
    After reading your articles, I was curious to know what I was actually doing and why. It appears that I am only hitting the ball more with my arm to compensate for the decreased trunk rotation under those situations. I am actually over-extending my arm forwards to gain more power or to get better contact with the ball. With more extension, it becomes natural for my elbow to go upwards and then backwards instead of running across the chest during the follow through. Is it actually the reverse finish that you are talking about?

Tim,

To be honest there is no way for me to diagnose what is actually happening with your forehand without seeing some video. What you say may or may not be accurate. The good reverse forehands aren't hit with less turn--but yes sometimes with less forward rotation--or later rotation.

Attach a clip in the forum or email something in or send a CD--maybe you'll make Your Strokes.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2469 users online. 5 members and 2464 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X