Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis in San Antonio

Hi Forum,

Not a typical question for this site, but does anyone know something about tennis in San Antonio that he or she could share with us? I'll be moving there next month and wonder if anyone had any pros and cons about the place. I was out there recently on a house-hunting trip and from what I could tell there's a big emphasis on country club tennis, which I won't be participating in, and on team/league play, but little of what I like to do, which is mainly hit around with friendly people and only occasionally play matches. I took the tennis temperament evaluation (good article) and I'm a very blue direct and open type, so it goes to figure I'd be looking for someone to knock the ball around with, get some exercise, develop storkes, share tips, socilize a bit, etc.

I was surprised to rarely come across decent public courts, which is where I normally play in Alexandria, VA, and by the large number of private, home owner association courts there were in the area. The huge public McFarlin tennis center was a nice facility, but other than some teen leauge play there wasn't much going on the night I visited. Lots of empty courts, and very few adults playing. Similiar stories at the Greentree and Thousand Oaks clubs, only minus the young folks. I twice went by the Greentree club, once in the morning and the other in the evening, and only once did I see anyone on the courts at all, and that was some man teaching a very young kid to play. Seems like there's much less audlt tennis going on than what I'm use to.

I was also surprised, given the heat of the city, that the Thousand Oaks club has the only four indoor courts to be found.

Anyway, thanks for listening and any help apprecaited.

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8837 users online. 7 members and 8830 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X