Anyone out there with info on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there with info on this?

I am trying to locate the major organziations or corporations that own tennis clubs both in the US or internationally. I know of ClubCorp and Tennis Corporation of America but am searching for many more. I've tried some search engines to no avail. Anyone out there that can help?

Thanks for the time,

CC

Western Athletic Clubs I believe. Also the Midtown Club in Chicago is part of a chain owned by Allan Schwartz--not sure of the name.

Comment

In the UK the big development in the last ten to 15 years has been David Lloyd tennis centres. Fronted by David Lloyd, a former GB Davis cup player, and owned by one of the big leisure groups -- could be Ladbrokes or Whitbread,someone like that -- they are multi-facility sports clubs with an emphasis on indoor and outdoor tennis, fitness and so on. They tend to be on the outskirts of large cities. Virgin are also developing tennis facilities in the UK. These groups are revolutionising the idea of the facility where you play tennis in the UK. They both have websites.

There may be regional groups, but David Lloyd and Virgin are the only national groups of any size that I am aware of.

My impression is that tennis clubs in the UK are still mostly privately/member owned. They tend to be small scale, say between 4 and 10 courts. They may have other sports facilities attached to them. What those other facilites might be will depend on where you are in the country. There may be a cricket pitch (summer) which is also a hockey field (winter). Or there may be bowls, squash, a gym etc. There are relatively few indoor courts.

cc

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3727 users online. 2 members and 3725 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X