Federer Serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federer Serve

Noticed today that the old front foot raise a la Pete is back - it was gone for a year or more. Did you happen to notice, Mr. Yandell? Any idea why? He seems to play with more "flow" when he does it, but I'm probably making too much of a trifle.

Good catch!

moderntennis,

I noticed that too when he was playing in Rome. Perhaps he felt like he could get more of his weight shifting to the back of the stance by doing it? It's impossible to know why. I'm just speaking as to why I raise my toe during the backswing.

Comment

Hey, I hadn't noticed that, and I make sure to see every Federer match I can.

It seems to me like his toss is more to the left this year as well. More spin, I guess. His double fault count is going down slightly, but so are his aces. And he seems to be winning the same percentage of service games. Looks like he's also having to save more breakpoints, working harder on his serve, in other words. Ancic certainly had him struggling on a few service games.

If he really has changed his toss a bit, I'm not seeing in the numbers any real benefit from it.

Of course, people are saying the courts and balls are slowing down, so perhaps everyone else is doing the same as Roger, holding steady or dropping slightly. I'll have to take a look sometime soon.

Comment

I doubt it's anything other than a comfortable feel.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7818 users online. 6 members and 7812 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X