I can't Say Enough About this Site!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't Say Enough About this Site!!!

John, I just wanted to say thanks again for this site. I am an early subscriber. Your site has helped me make considerable improvement in my game. When I first started on the site, I knew I was doing some/all things with my strokes incorrectly but did not really know the right way. I also assumed I was doing things that in fact I was not. Video taping has really made a difference. Watching the pros is great. I think even better are the detailed explanations of how to perform the strokes correctly. This is really a long involved process, but once I have a road map it is a lot easier and clearer. For me it takes a lot of repetition and seeing things in different ways, but then finally, Click! Something sinks in and I have found some improvement in my game. Since you did the mystrokes on my forehand a year ago, my forehand has made considerable improvement and now I feel it can be a real weapon. Of course, I still have a long way to go. Some of the biggest help with the forehand are all the articles on turning your shoulder and the role of the other hand. Also the explanaions on the different grips.
    The Federer serve articles were phenomenal and now I have completely changed what I am doing on my serve in order to emulate Roger.
    Bungalo Bills analysis on Mark P's one handed backhand has really helped me. In essence, I work on my game almost every day [through matches] and I am not afraid to try to incorporate my new strokes into the match.
    This in not a paid testimonial, but I am completley serious. Now when I watch other players, I find myself analyzing what they are doing and how they could be helped by tennis player. I have recommended your site to many players. I will continue to do so, even to my opponents.
    One area I would love to see more on is volleys/overheads. I think a lot of players [especially me] are missing too many "easy" ball in the air. I would love to see several articles devoted to this area along with the proper footwork. I have read all that is on the site now.
    By the way, the footwork and split step articles are great. Very unique and when you get to a certain level, a sure way to get better is to incorporate the split step and the proper footwork.

Thanks again John.
    Mike

Mike you are welcome. Glad to hear about the progress on your forehand. And thanks for your tireless promotion of Tennisplayer!

Re: the volley. I would agree that there are fewer articles on volleys than groundstrokes or the serve, as of yet. Eventually I'll be doing a series on that in Advanced Tennis. And we may also have others in the meantime.

But there is quite a bit already. Check out Scott Murphy's two great articles in classic lessons. Nick Bollettieri has two excellent ones as well in Famous Coaches. Nick Saviano Part 3 also covers volley technique.

On volley footwork Peter Smith's new article is awesome in Tour Strokes. As is Bob Hansen's article in the Footwork section. There is Gene Mayer's article. Allen Fox has one as well in Famous Coaches. So that's 9 articles for you.
    Last edited by johnyandell; 07-11-2006, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4154 users online. 9 members and 4145 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X